Home Forums WoodMart support forum Instagram not showing new images

Instagram not showing new images

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

RichardTRC
    Participant

Having an extremely strange issue with Woodmart instagram API. It was working fine until a while ago.

Now for some reason the images do not display in the carousel, but the data such as like and comment numbers appear on hover.

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, linking to different insta and facebook accounts etc.
    I have cleared transients, and cleaned up my image directories in /uploads/.

I have disabled all plugins for security, compression, image resizing etc and tried to connect the API but this didnt work either.

I have also applied the instagram Patch.

In the 1st screenshot you can see what happens. The instagram image on the right (an older one) is pulled from instagram OK. The newer ones don’t appear, but if you hover over them the numbers for the image can be seen, but not the images.

In the 2nd screenshot you can see the post with the X next to it is the one which doesnt display the image. The post with the Tick next to it shows the post which successfully retrieved the image.

I feel like something is being left behind in the database which stops it pulling the images down again?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by RichardTRC.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to install the Transients manager plugin and remove all transients related to Instagram (with the instagram word in its key).

Kind Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Hi Artem,

As I mentioned in my first post I have already cleared transients (also cleared transients between different different troubleshooting steps etc)

It definitely does seem like there is some latent data in the database which is causing this. But it’s incredibly strange that it’s pulling in the like and comment count but not the actual image.

Originally I thought it was due to image resizing or security, but disabling these plugins, clearing transients and then trying to connect again doesn’t work.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

RichardTRC
    Participant

Haha wtf, I disabled all plugins except for a couple essentials, cleared transients, readded the account and created the IG element and it worked fine. I did that last week and it didn’t work. Very strange.

Will do some testing and get back to you if I need you to login 🙂

Thanks for your time.

RichardTRC
    Participant

Are you able to tell me how the IG element polls for posts? Is it triggered by a cron job? Seems to take a very long time for posts to be pulled and displayed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

They are pulled when you open the page with the Instagram element. And after this, they are cached with the WordPress transients mechanism and updated only from time to time.
    If you need, you can always clear transients manually to pull all images again.

Kind Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Perfect, thanks Artem.

I have one more question whilst I have your attention;

I’m using WCFM and I’ve noticed that using the list layout removes the Sold By label which displays the seller name. Grid product layout works fine.
    Can this be resolved?

Many thanks.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by RichardTRC.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send us a link to your website where we can see this issue?

Kind Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Thanks. I can’t link to it at the moment but see the screenshot attached. When using grid layout the Sold By doesnt appear. But appears fine when using Grid layout. You should be able to replicate this very easily 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are not able to reproduce the issue. If it happens on your website, please, send us your website access so we can check and fix this issue for you.

Kind Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Thats strange, I have tested on 3 different installs of woodmart and the list view does not show the vendor name under the product. Are you sure you aren’t able to replicate?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are not able to reproduce it. Could you please send one of these websites so we can check it on your website directly?

RichardTRC
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Sorry for delay. Please see hidden info.

Thanks,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, send us your admin and FTP access.

Kind Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Please see attached. Please do not make sweeping changes (like disabling all plugins etc).

Note; As you can see we use Option Presets in woodmart settings to display a few categories as List, and use default of Grid for all other categories.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send the FTP access as well.

Kind Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

I cannot supply FTP credentials, feel free to enable the FTP plugin and use that if you need FTP access. Please disable the plugin when you are finished using it.

RichardTRC
    Participant

By the way, on mobile the short description also doesn’t display when inside those categories.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

To fix this issue you need to go to “Settings -> Marketplace Settings-> Sold By Position” and change the option as shown on the screenshot https://prnt.sc/LsCXUvxtND8x

Kind Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

I know this is old but very sorry, I thought I had already replied to tell you this worked perfectly, thanks Artem.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Instagram not showing new images’ is closed to new replies.