Home Forums Basel support forum Installation problem

Installation problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

astridlowe
    Participant

Hi, I cannot seem to upload the theme file basel.zip in the WordPress Dashboard. I keep getting this message:

Are you sure you want to do this?
    Please try again.

The child one uploads fine – but obviously won’t work without the parent theme.

Any idea what might be going on? I’ve never seen this before.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you very much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support.

Please make sure you have taken this steps in this order:

1/ Upload the parent theme
    2/ Upload the child theme and activate
    3/ Navigate to Appearance > Install Plugins > Install all the plugins and activate.
    4/ Make Base Import > http://prntscr.com/iydaqx then you can upload demo if you need.

If you have done all this and still have the problem contact us with admin access to your site.

Best Regards

astridlowe
    Participant

I cannot upload the parent theme. This is what I was saying. With the error message I included in my initial message.

So can’t even do your point 1/ above. It’s not the first ever theme I’m installing, but the first time this happens. Can you please advise ASAP.

Hello,

Please send us your admin access and FTP access in the Privat Content we will check the issue.

Best Regard

astridlowe
    Participant

As requested.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

So if you can’t upload it via WordPress dashboard, then you need to increase uploading limits on your server. We suggest you to contact your providers for help in this situation.
    Here is an article with detailed instructions about this error http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-are-you-sure-you-want-to-do-this-error-in-wordpress/

astridlowe
    Participant

Hi, the host has increased upload limits but now I get a different error message: ‘The link you followed has expired. Please try again.’

They don’t know what this means. CAn you help?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It seems to be a WordPress issue. Here is a discussion of the similar problem on their forum that should help you https://wordpress.org/support/topic/the-link-you-followed-has-expired/

astridlowe
    Participant

Hi, thank you, but we are going around in circles. The topic you suggested refers to ‘upload max.file size limit’ and that’s exactly what I said in my previous message that the hosting provider has already changed (in fact, I had also changed it).

My support period expires in twenty days and I haven’t even been able to install the theme, this is very disappointing. I’ve worked with many themes and have never had this problem before. It is a WordPress theme and it should be possible to upload it in WordPress.

As if it’s not stressful enough, the added problem is, even if I can install it now, I won’t have much time before end April to work on the site. Are you able to extend the free support from the moment I have installed the theme, please, for at least another month?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

OK, we will extend your support for 2 months more.

As for the error, it appears on WordPress side and doesn’t depend on the theme. You will get it even with other themes.

We suggest you to contact your hosting providers for help. They should be able to upload theme files manually or you can try to upload all files via FTP.

Regards

rockinrqt
    Participant

“The link you followed has expired. Please try again.”

I have also received this error. I have changed my PHP settings as I saw on another forum: https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-WordPress/Wordpress-theme-upload-error-quot-The-link-you-followed-has/td-p/101292

It says to make these changes in PHP Options to correct:
    max_execution_time 180
    memory_limit 512M or your highest available
    post_max_size 32M
    upload_max_filesize 64M
    ____
    I’ve done that and I still get the same error. Help Please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We suggest you to contact your hosting provider and ask to increase the uploading file size limit on the server to resolve this.

rockinrqt
    Participant

I contacted my hosting support. We updated my settings in order to get the theme uploaded but got this error:

“The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Theme installation failed.”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)