Home Forums WoodMart support forum issue related to storage space

issue related to storage space

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

VitData
    Participant

Hello,

We have encountered an issue related to storage space on our hosting that is affecting our website’s performance. Currently, we have approximately 10,000 products listed on the site, which has generated over 300,000 images.

We suspect that one of the causes of this issue is the activation of the Lazy Loading feature. According to the tutorial, enabling Lazy Loading has the following effects:

https://xtemos.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/performance-lazy-loading-wd-7.jpg

Creates placeholders previews as miniatures from the original images.
    Generates proportional image sizes for the placeholder based on the original image size.
    We aim to identify and delete those images generated by the Lazy Loading feature to free up storage space. Is there any way to identify the specific path of these files/images?

Please provide us with guidance on the steps necessary to achieve this or if you have any suggestions for resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

These functions don’t generate multiple placeholders for each image on your website. They generate only a few versions of the placeholder image. Anyway, if you want to regenerate your image thumbnails you can use the following plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Kind Regards

VitData
    Participant

OK, but how can I delete the images generated by this function or how can I identify them so that I can delete them later?

My task is to free up space by removing the extra images!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a link to your website and example of image you want to delete?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)