Home Forums WoodMart support forum Issue when hovering selected variation product image

Issue when hovering selected variation product image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

mazat
    Participant

I have a problem because when I select a product variation and want to zoom in on the photo details, when I hover over the photo the original product thumbnail appears, not the photo of the selected variation.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please deactivate all plugins except these ones:

WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    WooCommerce
    Please switch to the parent theme if you use the child.

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

If the issue still persists, please confirm the permission for the plugin’s deactivation, switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back.

Kind Regards

mazat
    Participant

It is again problem with Alidropship Woo like here: https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/problem-with-remove-duplicate-price-function-after-updating-theme/ and again it showed after theme update.

As this is a developer version, you can do whatever you want there. I hope there is a simple solution as with the previous problem.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

After we looked into the situation, we found that swatches functionally don’t work well with that plugin, unfortunately.

I do hope you would remain as our valued customer and thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

mazat
    Participant

What can I do in this situation? Why was everything working fine in Woodmart version 5.3.6? You can check, because I have the old version of the template and Woodmart Core saved on the server.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In the 6.3 update, we added a builder and the price element became a separate element, therefore this option works only when content is displayed from this file woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php. The plugin overwrites our file, so this option does not work well.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Kind Regards

mazat
    Participant

The plugin itself is not the problem, because after changing to Storefront or to another template everything works ok. Do you have any idea where to look for a solution and what can be helpful to fix this? At the moment our store can’t function properly and I just bought a new support license.

Is it possible to disable some script or swap to the old version?

mazat
    Participant

When I change the Zoom option to the Photoswipe popup, it already works somewhat correctly. Still the gallery breaks when I click on gallery photos, and then clicking on a variant there is no photo update and no variant preview.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. The simplest solution was provided in the topic that you sent earlier, but if you are not satisfied with that solution, contact the plugin support and ask what needs to be done so that this file woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php would be connected from the theme, since this file is also taken from the same plugin on the default theme.

2. Please clarify where this Photoswipe gallery is located, since it is not our gallery on the single

Kind Regards

mazat
    Participant

Sorry, I tried to solve the problem on my own and slightly modified the demo. I have already restored the previous settings and you can see that the problem when selecting a variant and trying to enlarge the photo has disappeared.

Are you sure we are talking about the right file? woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php – I renamed it to see if there would be an improvement when I loaded the default WooCommerce file, but no change.

Let me know if we understand each other and if we’re talking about the same problem, because the solution from the other topic was for a different thing and that got fixed. Now it’s about the problem with images, or rather OWL Carousel gallery.

As I said before – when Zoom is set and a variant is selected, when you hover over the main photo, the default thumbnail appears instead of the variant photo, but this only happens during hover. Likewise, the thumbnails in the single product gallery don’t work great somehow – when you select a variant and then click on the gallery thumbnails, reselecting the variant no longer updates the presented main photo.

I can make videos showing the problem and the correct functioning of the template on the previous version.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please make a video and send me so we will investigate it as fast as possible.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

mazat
    Participant

I am uploading two videos, labeled “before update” and “after update.” In the videos you can see that when I select a variant and then redirect the cursor to the main photo, before the update everything worked ok, and after the update when I hover over the photo suddenly the main product photo appears, not the variant photo.

The second problem is that when I click on the thumbnails under the main photo, the gallery stops working properly and when I start selecting variants nothing happens.

I hope we understand each other now.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

This option does not work correctly for that plugin because the file we specified is connected not from the theme but from the plugin. Here is the code that is responsible for changing the picture, but it can work wrong with that plugin.

(function($) {
    	$('.variations_form').on('reset_data', function () {
    		$(document).trigger('wdShowVariationNotQuickView');
    	});
    })(jQuery);

Сhanging the picture in zoom does not work because an appropriate file that we mentioned above does not connect, but you can add a custom code and zoom will start working.

Kind Regards

mazat
    Participant

Well, but the plugin on the old version of the template works, where it also overwrites this file, etc. Just to make sure we understand each other, I bought the license again to fix the problems with the template, that is, after the site went viral (after the holes in the template/plugin) I have a non-functioning website, as I am trying to get the problems from the upgrade resolved in both threads.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the skills like that to use your code. I don’t know where to put it, etc. Can I count on your support and commitment to get this topic resolved? The name of the Alidropship Woo plugin has appeared here more than once, so your customers using it are certainly more than myself.

I apologize for the lack of an earlier response, but I also tried to get support from the developers of the plugin, but to no avail. They did, however, convey to me that their actions are in accordance with WooCommerce guidelines: “We modify the output in Alidropship WOO plugin using only appropriate filters and hooks from official WOOcommerce documents. Often, the developers of the third-party themes neglect this documentation and delete the standard hooks while the theme works only with the recommended plug-ins in the kit. As a result, other plugins may stop working, Alidrosphip included.”

What can I do in this case?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, we did not declare that we support this plugin and it should work with our theme in the same way as with the default one. As for the zoom, this is our function and it works correctly only with our swatches or with the default selection of the variation selection. Therefore, we recommend using the swatches from our theme because they have the same functionality and design as from the plugin. But we can offer you a custom code that will help zoom work with this plugin.

(function($) {
    	$('.variations_form select').on('change', function () {
    		setTimeout(function(){
    				$(document).trigger('wdShowVariationNotQuickView');
    		}, 200);
    	});
    })(jQuery);

Kind Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)