Home Forums WoodMart support forum Issue with the Lazzy Load from the Theme

Issue with the Lazzy Load from the Theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

I’m facing a problem related to the lazzy load of the theme. At this stage, I’ve been working a lot on the optimization of my site by defering javascript, eliminating render-blocking CSS …

So now, when you load my site on a mobile, the pages load quite fast (see attachment with my GTmetrix results) but the lazy load isn’t being triggered properly. Let me explain.

When you start to load the page, the images aren’t shown yet because the lazzy load is activated (that’s normal). However, since there are less render-blocking elements, the page is available to scroll (even if there are no images), so the user can already start to scroll down on the page (while the page is still in process of loading).

Since the user already scrolled down a little BEFORE that the page gets fully loaded, the lazzy load does not consider this scroll as a trigger to activate the images. Therefore, the user needs to keep scrolling AFTER the that the page got fully loaded to finally trigger the activation of the images.

I hope that my explanation is clear enough. Do you think we can do something about this? If the page is in process of being loaded but the user has already started to scrol down the page, then the lazzy load should trigger the activation of images even if the page is not yet fully loaded.

See video in private

Thanks
    Gevcen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Lazy loading function, as well as all other scripts including sliders, effects, etc are initiated only after the page is fully loaded. That is why the scroll event is not working before the page is loaded.

Kind Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I’ve added a feature request about this.

You can close this ticket, thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Issue with the Lazzy Load from the Theme’ is closed to new replies.