Home Forums Basel support forum Issue With TheEventsCalendar Plugin & Basel

Issue With TheEventsCalendar Plugin & Basel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

robertarrow
    Participant

I’m having an issue with the theme options, I can’t save anything while this plugin is activated:

https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/

I’m not sure if it’s both of the plugins, but I need the regular version for the PRO version to work. Can you please take a look at it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems that the events calendar plugin is not compatible with Redux Framework plugin that most of Themeforest themes use. Can you try to contact plugin’s developers for help since we can’t fix it from the theme side?

Regards

robertarrow
    Participant

I sent a support ticket to the plugin developer, but I also found this documentation…

If you’re not sure whether your theme meets WordPress coding standards, worry not–many other themes will still work beautifully with our plugins, and we do try to support as many different themes as possible. It’s worth noting, however, that should you encounter any problems working with our plugins while an unsupported theme is active, you may be asked to perform conflict testing and temporarily switch to a default theme by our support team. If your third-party theme is established as the source of the conflict, you’ll need to seek further assistance from your theme’s developer.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But as we understand you from the first message, the problem is that you can’t save your settings while the plugin is active, right? In this case, the issue will exist even without our theme. And it means that Basel is not a source of conflict.

Moreover, our theme meets all WordPress coding standards since it is hosted on ThemeForest, and they have checked everything before pushing our theme to their marketplace.

Bytheway, maybe you are able to configure all settings while events plugin is disabled and doesn’t break the functionality?

robertarrow
    Participant

If I were to deactivate the Events Calendar Pro plugin (leaving the basic version on) the Theme Settings produced by Redux Framework can be updated and saved. It’s only when the Pro version (which is needed for this site since they have two daily recurring events 6 days a week, every week)…

I sent them a support ticket – so maybe they have an answer as to why the Pro version doesn’t work with Redux. If anything, I can set theme settings up completely and then work on the events.

I agree that Basel is not the source of conflict, but Redux is, and that allows your theme settings to appear, correct?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, not our theme nor Redux framework is a source of conflict. Theme Settings stops working when the events pro version is active and logically, the event plugin is a source of the problem. It is not compatible with Redux. And we agree that it shouldn’t be compatible with all the available themes, but it has to be compatible with Redux since most of the premium themes from themeforest uses this plugin as a framework for their settings panels.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)