Home Forums Basel support forum Issue with Visual Composer

Issue with Visual Composer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

stulane
    Participant

Hi,
    We’ve been setting up the Basel theme on a new WP install. It was working fine but we’re having some issues with Visual Composer.

To resolve we tried updating to the latest version of VC but that didn’t help so we reverted back to the bundled version with the theme. We also asked VC support for help and they told us:

“The issue is because the older visual composer was modified by the theme author by customizing the existing elements and adding the new one’s. Now when you updated it, the customization made by the theme author was lost which causes the issue. You can check it with the theme author if there is any way to preserve the customization done by him with the latest version, so that such an issue can be avoided at your end.”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

We have never customized Visual Composer files bundled in our theme. All their files come directly from the author and there are no any changes made by us.

Could you please write us more information about what customization they are talking about?

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

stulane
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I’ve asked VC for some more info.

Can you see any other reason why VC wouldn’t be working properly?

If you would like access to the site to see for yourself please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Stu

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is better to ask plugins developers for help since they know most of their issue better than theme developers. If it will be some conflict with our theme then contact us and we will take a look at the problem.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)