Home Forums Basel support forum Issues with translation and symbol * after WooCommerce latest update

Issues with translation and symbol * after WooCommerce latest update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

after latest WooCommerce update there appeared some issues. I’d like to ask you for help to fix them:

1. In my account settings where you may edit the address, there’s a symbol * which indicates required fields. Strangely, now it is displayed with two dots around it. Note that everywhere else on website this symbol * is displayed correctly. See printscreen.

2. In my account | addresses there are Registration address and Shipping address fields and bellow them there’s written country name “Lithuania” in English language. I would like to hide it or to translate it to Lithuanian language, but I can’t do this with Loco translate as the word “Lithuania” is already translated in WooCommerce. Sync option doesn’t help, too. So I’m stuck with this translation. See printscreen.

3. Besides, after some other translations which I managed to make, WooCommerce now writes “Error: Failed security check for loco-nonce”. What does that mean? It seems that I can’t translate WooCommerce with that error being shown.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

also I’d like to translate text “Log in” to Lithuanian which is being shown if user wants to log in to his account.
    Previously it was in Lithuanian, but somehow it started to be displayed in English.
    I checked with Loco translate that “Log in” is translated to Lithuanian in WooCommerce, but instead of Lithuanian words I see original English text while trying to log in. See printscreen.

Secondly, in the check out page I can’t translate the input word “Lithuania” in the field which indicates the state. This word is already translated in WooCommerce, but here it is being shown in English. See printscreen.

Additionally, there were a few other texts that previously have been translated to Lithuanian, but after WooCommerce update become “English” again in My account („From your account dashboard you can view your recent orders, manage your shipping and billing addresses, and edit your password and account details.“, „Display name“, „This will be how your name will be displayed in the account section and in reviews“) + in Check out the same happened with the word “optional”. I successfully translated them with Loco translate, but these translations may be lost after WordPress update.
    It would be great not to translate them after each WordPress or WooCommerce update, still I don’t know if you can help with that.

Best regards,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Could you please send us a link to your website where we can see this issue?

2. You should be able to translate these texts in WooCommerce since they are not related to our theme. If you think that it doesn’t work, you need to contact plugin’s developers for help.

3. Try to clear your browser cache and cookies and check again. Also, try to disable all plugins that are not related to our theme before checking.

Regards

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

see the link in private content.

As I understand you offer me to contact WooCommerce and Loco translate concerning the other issues?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We need your admin access as well.

If you think that you configured everything correctly and plugin’s functions still not working then you can try to contact developers for help.

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

yes, just forgot to add. See it in private content.

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to fix this issue.

abbr[title] {
      border-bottom: none !important;
      text-decoration: none !important;
    }

Regards

ss24
    Participant

Hello,

thank you so much, this code fixed the issue with .*.

I also found out that English text “Lithuania” was shown in My account and Check out pages, because in my own WP profile settings the State/County was indicated in English, not in Lithuanian. So I just had to translate it manually there 🙂

Still I have not found how can I translate WooCommerce’s button “Log in” which is here:
    <button type=”submit” class=”button woocommerce-Button” name=”login” value=”Log in”>Log in</button>.

Maybe you have any solution for this?

Best regards!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Check translations files both for WooCommerce and our theme for this word in Loco Translate. It should be translated there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)