Home Forums Basel support forum JS Console error: cant update cart widget

JS Console error: cant update cart widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wizard247
    Participant

Hi,

I migrated my site from development server to live server and now I get JS Console error of: “cant update cart widget”.

I have reinstalled all WooCommerce pages, no cache is on the site, PHP is 7.0, disabled all plugins that are not Basel plugins. Have latest Basel update (3.8), running WP 4.9.2 (on both sites) – development site is OK but live site is not.

Could you please take a look and let me know what may be the problem?

Thanks,
    Louise

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

wizard247
    Participant

Just to clarify – it’s the QuickShop function that doesn’t add to cart. When going to product page – it does work.

wizard247
    Participant

Issue resolved. It is caused due to improper directory index. Apparently a WooCommerce thing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are glad that you solved it. Do you have any extra questions regarding this topic?

Regards

wizard247
    Participant

No thanks – all good now. I notice you also developed the WoodMart theme. Is this an extension to the Basel theme? I’d like to use it for my next project as it looks fantastic. I love Basel and would like to take it further if WoodMart also incorporates the good stuff of Basel.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

WoodMart is a not an extension of our Basel theme. It is a completely new theme with a new code base so you can simply switch between them. If you will use it for your future project you will need to create a website from scratch.

Regards

wizard247
    Participant

Thank you. Yes – I understand – what I meant was that it looks a lot like Basel but with some extra features thrown in.

My other question was: WordPress is now recommending PHP 7.2 – when I switch my Basel site over to that, I get this error:

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/vegetab9/public_html/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/theme-setup.php on line 188

When will the Basel theme be compatible with PHP 7.2?

Thank you,
    Wizard247

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We will fix this notice in our next theme update. For now, we suggest you to use PHP 7.1 since some plugins may be not compatible with the latest version as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)