Home Forums WoodMart support forum JS console error

JS console error

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

supp0rt
    Participant

Hello,

I recently created a layout for an archive page and I used the categories carousel on the header.
    If I am inside a category that has no other children I get this message on the dev console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'children')       swiperInit.min.js?ver=7.4.3:1
        at c (swiperInit.min.js?ver=7.4.3:1:3019)
        at swiperInit.min.js?ver=7.4.3:1:5422
        at NodeList.forEach (<anonymous>)
        at woodmartThemeModule.swiperInit (swiperInit.min.js?ver=7.4.3:1:5402)
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (swiperInit.min.js?ver=7.4.3:1:230)
        at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2:40035)
        at v.handle (jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2:38006)
        at Object.trigger (jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2:70124)
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2:70726)
        at Function.each (jquery.min.js?ver=3.7.1:2:3129)

Can you please check this on your end? The site I am working on is currently in development and I can not provide you a URL to see the error. If you need more information, let me know

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We tried but we can’t reproduce the error. Check the video https://monosnap.com/file/lPAJHYF9Rq13Ivffcl53fFShfDVbAJ

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

I will provide the IP of the site so that you can add it to your Host file of your OS and inspect it there. Please take note that you will need the IP to check the site that is in the staging phase. I have also provided the page with the error.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We need your admin and FTP access to check this issue further.

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Ok. I have provided the details. I am currently working on the site.

I would like to also report another issue with the blog element. It seems to ignore everything on the page. Would you mind taking a look at it?

I have provided the page below with the issue. You can see that it ignores the settings about the blog layout, even if it is set to take the default values from theme settings. Also, the position of the sidebar seems a bit off.

Best Regards

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by supp0rt.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can fix it by applying patch # 535166. To do this, go to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Patcher, find the corresponding patch and click on the “Apply” button. Let us know if it works for you.

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Thank you for this. The error seems to be fixed. Can you also check the problem with the blog element?

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The page you sent seems to have a different theme active, not WoodMart. Could you please check this?

supp0rt
    Participant

Hello,

Did you check using the server IP I provided previously?

If not you will see the live site and not the one in development using the theme.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, now it works well. I tried to change the design option for the blog element on the page and it works well https://gyazo.com/b7fdb777227d25c98bcdf39b996df462
    Also, the sidebar seems to be displayed correctly. Could you please clarify what is wrong?

supp0rt
    Participant

Ok. Let me add some clarifications on the matter.

The sidebar appears to be on top of the page while the content of the archive is below. It overlaps with the title section. Link with the image https://snipboard.io/mhziQO.jpg.

Except and this is the default behaviour as I have set the sidebar on the page settings to inherit. So it is the default behaviour of the sidebar that ignores any content on the page.

I would also like to ask if, under the design element, the value default represents any kind of inheritance from the theme’s settings. If this is not the case, then it would be a nice addition if there was such an option, just in case I would like a different layout but the blog grid design could be set on the global settings.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

There is no page title on this page. You have two full screen sections on this page that overlaps with sidebar. If you want to create your page with WPBakery then you need to disable theme’s sidebar and use WPBakery element https://gyazo.com/ea479834c98aca5243fb17e9376d463b

Global settings are applied for the blog page set in Settings -> Reading. If you use the WPBakery element then you need to configure it using its option.

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

You are right about this. I must use the elements as I use wp-bakery for the layout. It would be a nice addition to add under the Design tab > blog design > Inherit from theme settings.

One last question. Is there any breadcrumb element from the theme or any shortcode that I can use to add to pages?

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, there is no such element or shortcode. Breadcrumbs can be displayed as a part of the Page title only.

Kind Regards

supp0rt
    Participant

Ok then. Thank you for all your help, support and clarifications on the matters above.

You may close the ticket.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘JS console error’ is closed to new replies.