Home Forums WoodMart support forum Jumping fixed Headers Nav on portions of the page on mobiles only

Jumping fixed Headers Nav on portions of the page on mobiles only

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

abhinav1506
    Participant

1) Jumping fixed Headers Nav on portions of the page on mobiles only. The issue does not appear on desktops via inspect element by converting view widths. It happens only on actual mobile phones. The issue is very consistent and all over my website but particularly more on sections which have woodmarts product grid or slider carousels on them. I thought the issue must be related to title page or first section top margin or padding fixes as mentioned by woodmart support members, but im not even using the page title as its disabled for most of the pages. Please help.

2) Shop page custom attribute Filter issue – The other issue is that your Shop page product search filter is showing 8 items for a custom label / shipping class items whereas there are more than 50 such products in stock and have been assigned the attributes and labels. It is called Perishables . You can see only 8 perishables are showing on the website whereas after digging deeper im very sure it missed out calculating such products in stock for more than 70 remaining items. this needs to be fixed now.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Please send me a video for a better understanding of the issue.

2. Could you please send me access to the admin dashboard so I can check the issue with attributes?

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Kind Regards

abhinav1506
    Participant

The video link is in the private content. Like i said the issues happens only on mobile phones and i mean actual phones and not by changing view widths via inspect element dev tools! so whip out you mobile to get that extra confirmation or else i hope the video conveys the issue clearly.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Okay, I see. In this case, is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the settings on your website, please?

Also, confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, and switching to the parent/default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable it all back, You would better make the full backup of your site.

Kind Regards

abhinav1506
    Participant

Im sorry for not replying to this case for a long time but i was busy and now its crossed my levels of tolerance and this needs to be fixed at any cost as nothing is making a difference. So im going to follow up o this ticket very closely. The issue here is the jumping headers on mobile when we get close to any carousel grid or actually any section also it seems. Not really sure what is casing this but its happening only on mobile and whenever we switch to a new section or get close to any product grid carousel or any kind of carousel the header jumps maybe approx 40 px and spoils the whole user experience. Access details are in private. The link to the video i created is above too and il also add it in private once again.

last i remember someone by the name of luke replied and asked for admin access. There you go.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

After disabling all 3rd party plugins except these: https://take.ms/CWD87 , the issue seems to be gone, could you please check it on your side as well?

If so, please disable all plugins except these ones:

Elementor or WPBackary
    Woodmart Core
    WooCommerce
    Enable the Parent theme

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

Let me know the result.

Kind Regards

abhinav1506
    Participant

I don’t believe it. I gave you the access to check and issue which has haunted me ever since I opted for woodmart theme . I gave you admin access just to check that so that you being a senior dev can easily figure this out. I’m sorry but your reply was shocking. I really am speechless. I have you access to figure this one out. Do you realise the scale of orders and customers in this site ? This is no joke. I opted for your support for a reason and youre telling me to test something which you know more about than me ? I think rather than your approach you should be testing inspect element, console and and any inline scripts . Please don’t put this on me. I possibly don’t have the expertise to solve it and that’s why I gave this task to you and opted for support. Really, I need an answer before my support expires now. You please test it as I’ve told you that I don’t have the expertise to figure out this complex process . You are the creators so you know best. If you can’t do this then get a senior dev to look into this. I mean it’s appauling that this issue has ruined the user experience of my website for over 6 months now and despite if admin access you cannot tell me the cause.

Please do so or get a senior dev to figure out the reason. This is totally unacceptable.

Thanks but really you have not helped at all and are telling me to do something which I have no possible clue about

Please understand and fix this asap

Tia

abhinav1506
    Participant

i have just noticed one more thing. This is happening only on android mobile devices and not on my iphone. Additionally this is not even happening when i use google chrome app on apple nor in safari. But on android devices on chrome this is 500% jumping. Also i want to confirm all my chrome and safari apps are updated . The issue is only on android.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this is out of my scope of expertise and is a very complex issue. Please test this and find a solution.

abhinav1506
    Participant

you mentioned the staging website this stopped happening but i can see on android devices even on the cloned staging website this is still happening. So i dont know where we are going with this now.

abhinav1506
    Participant

even on the staging website i have recorded a small video from my android device to proove that the issue is still happening whereas you stated it stopped happening after deactivating plugins. Please fix this. The video link is in private.

abhinav1506
    Participant

please please please fix this . This is for sure a javascript related issue or issue related to the settings of showing header and footer on mobile related to scroll direction. Thats what i feel. But like i said its only happening on android mobile devices(including tablet and mobile). Seems you are checking it from an apple device and thats why you presume its fixed. Please dig deep into this. i really am stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

TIA

abhinav1506
    Participant

im again repeating the issue is only on mobile devices. Actual mobile devices and you will not be able to inspect element as its only on mobile devices. Its not even if you inspect element in mobile view on desktop even with touch enabled as i use a touch enabled desktop screen too but even there the issue does not persists even in inspect element in mobile view. The issue is only on actual android mobile devices(tablet and mobile) only and not even on iphones and ipads..

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I apologize for the delay.

Understood. Thank you for the information. I am currently investigating it more deeply. I will let you know as soon as I do the research.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Luke Nielsen.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable the server cache for the staging site? So I can make proper testings.

I await your response.

Kind Regards

abhinav1506
    Participant

one surprising new discovery i can see is that i also have a web view app on google play store and the issue does not happen in my android web view application. Neither does the issue happen in firefox, opera, and edge browser apps in android mobile. So now this issue is only happening only with the chrome browser and that too on mobile(mob+tablet) view only. I want to assure you that google browser app on my android phone is upto date. Infact this issue has persisted since past 6 months non stop with my google chrome browser android app auto updating automatically as you can see this ticket is also very old. This now also explains that this is not even due to any recent updates of google chrome android browser. Also bear in mind android chrome mobile browser does not have addons like on desktops so even this is ruled out that this is an addon issue plus its happening on others android chrome mobile browsers also so this is seems to be an event listener response issue that you are experiencing which is needs an immediate fix to be compatible with chrome browsers.

This is indeed very complexed i got to admit ive never experienced anything like this before. Now i cant possibly do more as this is way past my expertise. You need to get the most senior dev right away – i mean the guy who literally made woodmart to look into this. We have zeroed in on the issue and the issue like i said is only on chrome browsers on android in only mobile views. There is no issue on other android browser apps nor apple chrome or safari browser apps, but the problem is only and only on chrome browsers in mobile view.

I have not tampered with the staging website as you are working on it so please go ahead as im waiting for an answer. i need an eta as tom i have a meeting with my board and team members regarding users complaining about usability on this website. Everything simply sucks right now . These issues freaking me out. I can loose a lot because of this . You must find a fix within the next 18 to 24 hours or else ill be in a very big fix and i mean really big. Ive got to also go to an investment pitcher tomorrow and if he sees the condition of this website like this he will probably tell me to do something about it but i love woodmart and have been believing in xtemos products since long but god knows ehre your team is going wrong . Im feeling the heat bigtime now. Please resolve in next 18 hours. Youve got to stop what youre doing and instead hand this over to the senior most dev in your xtemos team. This needs to be expedited or else i loose my investor and a major expansion business opportunity tomorrow and i dont want to play the blame game here but please oh please good lord please fix this.

abhinav1506
    Participant

Hi,

Why don’t you use wprocket as wp rocket has an integration with cloudways so whenever the cache in wprocket is purged so does the server cache is purged . but ive already done this for you. cache purged from server side too just so that you are confident otherwise remember wprocket cache purging is equal to purging server cache + varnish cache both.

abhinav1506
    Participant

hi server cache also purged pic attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

abhinav1506
    Participant

i just checked without tampering anything on the staging website i saw only three plugins you had activated plus i purged the server cache too and then in a incognito window i opened chrome to check and there we again . The problem like i guessed is a glitch in woodmart theme or it can also be your header settings. I already checked days ago there was no css interfering anywhere also as no css is targeting the header or page container because i made this website myself.

Have you tried to play with height or something about the header that is a miss like top bar, main header, header button – infact i dont even know what this is . im seeing this for the first time in the header edit admin page. but whatever it is is default only. lso please notice the home page has a header set to it in homepage wordpress edit settings which may be different from the default header. Anyway ive already tried this on another clone i created keeping yours just for you so you can be rest assured nothing is being changed or tampered with by me on your staging8 website . But just to tell you ive already tried everything in the good book and im super confused now. To me it seems like you need to add aditional compatability with the android mobile chrome browser.

Waiting for you. All yours. please come up with a quick solution.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Right now, I see the issue with the “Premium Addons for Elementor” plugin, I made tests and here is a video with the deactivated “Premium Addons for Elementor”: https://dropmefiles.com.ua/en/XNL3wMQ2T

With the activated “Premium Addons for Elementor” plugin, I have the “jumps” that you described: https://dropmefiles.com.ua/en/8RGvMLA9

Also, you have a “Compatibility Alert” related to that plugin: https://prnt.sc/8NT7lZiBX9_1

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

abhinav1506
    Participant

phew. You had me for a second there as on your video i didnt even noticed you scroll ?

but hey guess what it is premium addons it seems that was causing the issue. Damn that was really hard to figurre out but thanks a lot mate. I regenerated dynamic content and turned off most of their features and kept only two active and i can still use it seems and the problem has gone.

But do me a favor and keep this ticket open for the next two days as i must be sure once after testing. Phew! Thanks a bunch buddy. you saved me my meeting. Kudos to you. Excellent work. Love woodmart all over again but there are issues im facing and probably since you have access to the website admin – can you take a look at this ticket and answer on that ticket itself –

https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/latest-product-ajax-grid-not-showing-products-with-new-product-label/

im putting up a notice there also for you since you have admin access

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

In the first video, it looks like weak scrolling, but with the “Premium Addons” enabled I had problems even with such weak scrolling. I can create a new video if you want.

As for this https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/latest-product-ajax-grid-not-showing-products-with-new-product-label/ topic, I see that my colleague is working on it, I hope he will answer as fast as possible.

Kind Regards

abhinav1506
    Participant

Hi,

The issue is with premium addons for elementor for sure. It’s being caused by the code they use for making equal column heights . Is there anyway you can give me a solution to create equal column heights in a simple way or make the code compatible with premium addons for elementor when the option equal height columns is enabled and used on any page. In this case the said page used premium addons for elementor’s Equal height columns feature in the info boxes as you can see but now since it’s turned off I need to have equal column heights . Please help me with some code or maybe just compatibility with this feature of premium addons which you can add in future. I’ve also added the same in the premium addon elementor support in WordPress. Even they are checking. They use javascript for equal column heights which is not very well coded for Google Chrome mobile browsers on actual Android devices.

abhinav1506
    Participant

?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have contacted the developer’s team and they told me that it could be fixed only by disabling that plugin. They do not have some solutions via the custom code, sorry.

I do hope you would remain as our valued customer and thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

abhinav1506
    Participant

i contacted the premium add on team and it seema they fixed this issue by changing thier JS code responsible for equal column heights.. I even got a call from them. So you can close this ticket.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Glad that the issue is fixed now.

Always remember that you can reach out to us with any questions you may have.

Wish you all the best.

Kind Regards

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Jumping fixed Headers Nav on portions of the page on mobiles only’ is closed to new replies.