Home Forums WoodMart support forum Just upgraded to V6 and the whole site crashed, please help

Just upgraded to V6 and the whole site crashed, please help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Lando
    Participant

I’ve just updated to the latest version (6.0.4) and now there are lots of strings of text on my pages – so had to put the site in maintenance mode.

Kindly let me know if you need access to the host/WordPress to have a look, please?

Best regards,

Lando
    Participant

I think the distorted layout after the update to the latest theme version is caused by outdated widgets, I need some help on how to deal with this issue, please.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please restore the site from the backup and provide the site admin access to the private area, I will help to update.

Best Regards

Lando
    Participant

Elise, you’re amazing, thank you so much for your kind offer to help!

Please see the requested credentials in the private content box.

Hello,

Please check your site, it is not perfect, but taking into consideration that we updated from 3 to 6 we can deem it successful.

Best Regards

Lando
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Me again, with an interesting issue. Never had the chance to thank you for upgrading our site to V6, but that’s because since the upgrade we had only problems.

Eventually, with the help of the hosting company we’ve managed to narrow it down:

The upgrade to V6 has created a conflict somewhere and, as a result, the site creates a huge log file that eventually crashes the server.

The error log is created so fast, like 1GB per minute.

We’ve approached a developer and he said that the error is created by a wrong calculation in the theme does and that’s something only the original developer can fix without impacting other calculations, so I wonder if you could help us, please.

I’ve reactivated the login credentials I gave you before, see them again in the private section.

Meanwhile, we had to put the site on maintenance mode as the site was not operational, crashing non-stop.

Also, if you try to update the theme via WordPress, it says that something is not properly installed.

Finally, you can access the error.log file on our hosting – it was probably created after we’ve put the site on maintenance mode but If you need access to the log we’ve collected while the site was crashing, give me an email address and I’ll send it over.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, deactivate all external plugins temporarily and provide us your FTP access where we can see the error log file. Also, please, update the theme to the latest version and then update all included plugins via Appearance -> Install plugins. Let me know if you continue receiving the same error in the log.

Kind Regards

Lando
    Participant

Many thanks for your super prompt reply!

1. All plugins are disabled.

2. Unable to update – if you access the site via WordPress you’ll see an error message stating the template is not installed properly (see the link in the private content section for a pic of the message).

3. FTP access (in the private content) – you’ll see two error logs; one before we’ve put the site on maintenance mode and one after.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have activated theme-related plugins and see no problems now. The error_log file is also static and doesn’t have any errors continuously adding. Could you please test this from your side?

Kind Regards

Lando
    Participant

1. Not sure what you’ve activated, the error is still there, see below:

“Basic or full import required
    Base dummy content is successfully imported and installed. Now you can choose any version to apply its settings for your website or leave a default one. You are able to switch to default version settings any time.”

2. Also, the error is static because the site is in maintenance mode.

As soon as we stop the maintenance mode and go live, the error log grows at an insane rate of 1GB/min.

This is the issue that the developer was pointing out, see if it helps.

WordPress database error Got a packet bigger than ‘max_allowed_packet’ bytes for query UPDATE wp_options SET option_value”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. It is not an error but just a message that you have already imported the dummy content. If you want to import some particular versions you need to activate the Slider revolution plugin.

2. We have fixed this error on your website. Please, check how it works now without the maintenance mode.

Lando
    Participant

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain and fix this, that’s very kind of you.

Will activate the pluggins – one by one – test the site, and get back to you with an update.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, let me know if have any further questions.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)