Home Forums WoodMart support forum Latest update – Font Awesome 5 files obligatory

Latest update – Font Awesome 5 files obligatory

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hi there,

I see in your latest version we now have to load the full font awesome 5 files, rather than the light version. The light version does not include the stars for “woocommerce product rating” or the drop down arrows next to the language selector.

In future it might be a good idea to put these 2 icon sets into the “light version” so websites like ours which do not use any extra icons do not have to load the full font awesome 5 file on each page.

Thanks

horny_fungus
    Participant

Yes, that would be great. Is it possible to stick with Font Awesome 4 by the way?

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I would go even further by creating a Font Awesome Generator, where we can choose ourselves what to load in a custom Font Awesome file. That would be the best in terms of performance.

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Star icons, dropdown arrows or other icons that are used in theme design are added by our own Woodmart font icons set and do not depend on fontawesome or fontawesome-light.

Regards

ToriTori38
    Participant

Hi Bogdan,

I don’t agree with that. With the latest update to font awesome 5, the icons for WC reviews (star icons) and the drop down arrows for the language selector did not work anymore. The only way they worked was by loading the full font awesome 5 pack. That’s why I created this ticket. Thanks

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin access so we can log in and check this on your side.

Thank you in advance.

ToriTori38
    Participant

Sure will do tomorrow or start of next week. Thanks

ToriTori38
    Participant

I just put it on the light version and the icons ( WC reviews “star icons” and the drop down arrows for the language selector) are still displaying. So Im not sre now. Maybe it was cache?

Will monitor next couple days….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)