Home Forums WoodMart support forum Layout builder Shop page not working

Layout builder Shop page not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

juliette
    Participant

Hello support team,

I have created a shop page with your Layout builder. However it does not work as a real shop page. The issues that I encounter are the following:

1/ On the page created with Layout builder, I added a sidebar set on Widget Area In Shop Page. However, the filters set in Widget > Widget Area In Shop Page do not appear at all (see screenshot 1).

2/ When I click on a category set on the Product Category widget or when I click on a filter from Filters widget, the selected products don’t appear on the same page but on Woocommerce default shop page. (see screen video below)

3/ “woodmart_layout” appears in the URL of the page.

Could you please help me with these issues?
    I provide you with access admin and link to the page below.

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

When you create a custom layout, it works a bit differently from the default sho page.

You need to add custom filters as Woocommerce filters work only on the default shop and product category page.

Find our documentation tutorial about this here: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-create-filters-form/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Hello Elise,

Thank you for answering topic 1.
    What about topics 2 and 3?

I am quite in a hurry to create these pages… I know that I am not on the same time zone than Elise. Can someone else from support answer me on the 2 questions soon please?

Many thanks

juliette
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I was able to make the changes I wanted by better understanding on my own how Layout builder works.

I think the Layout builder guide is not detailed enough to really grasp how shop pages work. It should explain at least how Shop page and Category page work because they are very powerful and important once you understand what they do (e.g. customize woocommerce default shop page, create category pages that are linked to the Product Category widget, be able to navigate between shop and category pages by reproducing exactly the same page in both types of pages, filter easily with Shop filters set in Widgets, etc.).

I have a final question for you on this : how can I customize the tab name of the product category pages? The current tab name in “Archives des” + Category name (see screenshot below). It means Archives of Category. I would like to only have the category name.
    I tried to understand where this name comes from. The name of my category page in Layout builder is “Catégorie de produit”, so no link there. I also looked for “archives des” in Loco Translate in WP, Woodmart and Woocommerce translations but I haven’t found a matching string. So I really don’t know where this name comes from.

Could you please help me on this?

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

juliette
    Participant

Nevermind, I found my answer doing something else…
    It is the SEO title set by Yoast SEO that is located in category settings, inside each term.

Well you can close this topic, I think everything works now.

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Layout builder Shop page not working’ is closed to new replies.