Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lazy Load

Lazy Load

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

lavitasarim
    Participant

Hi.

Is Lazy Load feature now works in a harmonious way?

I have not updated the theme yet. That’s why I do not know.

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can check how it works on our demo here https://woodmart.xtemos.com/lazy-loading/?opt=lazy_load

Regards

Joe
    Participant

Good place to bring this up. There is one bug with the lazy load.

On a product page, the first image in a gallery loads just fine, but the subsequent images do not. If you click the right arrow or the thumbnail under the image area, the blurry placeholder image is all that appears.

It looks like the page doesn’t realize the image is showing now and so doesn’t load it. If you scroll even just one line, lazy load works and loads the image.

I don’t have an example, as my website is now a more serious work in progress, but I could create an example if you don’t understand what I’m talking about.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We tested this function and it works well for us. Could you please send us an example where we can test it?

Thank you

Joe
    Participant

https://parisbloom.com/product/1934/

Click on one of the thumbnails below the main image. These are images added to the product gallery. It does not load in chrome on Windows 10 or mobile until you scroll down at least one line, then they all work properly.

I have already tested this with all plugins disabled as well.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us your admin and FTP access?

Joe
    Participant

I cannot right now unfortunately, I’m traveling for work.

As I said, this is even with all plugins disabled and using the default capable product.

It’ll be 5 days before I can get that info to you but I will do so as soon as I can.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We checked it on our side but can’t reproduce the problem. That is why we need to troubleshoot it on your website.

Joe
    Participant

WordPress account below. I cannot get FTP access set up for a while, but hopefully you can look around using this…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we need an FTP access to modify the files.

Joe
    Participant

I have the default theme (not child theme) with only the necessary woodmart plugins installed.

You won’t see any modified files because it’s all the default ones.

I cannot provide access because I’m currently traveling and due to the security on my server you can only add a new user via physical access to it. I’m also not giving you the private key to access it.

I think if you replicate the page I have on your demo site it would likely have the same issue… This is not an issue with my server or any sort of modified files. This is happening with the default installation of the theme and the default WordPress/woocommerce.

You really don’t need ftp access to troubleshoot this… If you need to inspect the JavaScript you can view the source. You’ll see none of it is modified.

I suspect this issue is due to whatever code you have to know when the image is in view. Since the images are initially not in view, it is waiting until that first scroll action to load them.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we mentioned, we are not able to reproduce it on our development website and it works correctly for us. That is why we have to check it with your files.

Joe
    Participant

I did some troubleshooting and found the issue for you. It only occurs if “Main carousel auto height” is set to On in the settings. With this setting off it works as expected.

For now I’ve left the setting off, but it would be nice to have lazy load and the auto height working together.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to edit the file js/functions.js and replace this function

function initMainGallery() {

$('.woocommerce-product-gallery__wrapper').addClass('owl-carousel').owlCarousel(woodmartTheme.mainCarouselArg);

};

with this one

function initMainGallery() {

$('.woocommerce-product-gallery__wrapper').addClass('owl-carousel').owlCarousel(woodmartTheme.mainCarouselArg);
               $(document).trigger('wood-images-loaded');

};

Joe
    Participant

This works, obviously. Thank you.

I do have a question though. When you fix little issues like this, do you leave the issue as fixed for just one person, or will this be included in the next version of the theme?

I wonder because I see a lot of little issues (such as the OPTION TO SHOW USERNAME MY ACCOUNT ISSUE also currently on the front page) and rather than add a bunch of custom css or just, I’d rather wait for the next update to fix it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, we will fix both issues in our next update.

Joe
    Participant

Thank you for the response. I’ve been very impressed with this theme so far and I hope you can continue making it better!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you like it 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lazy Load’ is closed to new replies.