Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lazy Load

Lazy Load

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

faheem ahmed
    Participant

Hi Artem Temos
    I’ve tried many lazy load plugins but no one is successful with WoodMart theme. I do not know what is the reason. I’ve tried one by one…
    1. a3 Lazy Load
    2. BJ Lazy Load
    3. Crazy Lazy
    4. Lazy Load
    5. Lazy Load by WP Rocket
    6. WP Lazy Loaded Images

But in all cases the page load time has increased and has negative impact on overall performance. I’ve tested it on pingdom.com and gtmetrix.com.

Did this theme supports Lazy loading? Did you refer any plugin for lazy loading images. I’ve many images on “Product page” in description and the page size becomes 6 to 8 MB’s and that is why I want to use lazy load.

Thanks and best regards
    faheem

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Firstly, describe us what exactly do you want to achieve. Provide us some links and screenshot so we can see which images should be lazy loaded. Then, check how at least one of these plugins works with default WordPress theme. If it doesn’t work with our theme only, we will try to make it work and add the compatibility in our future updates.

Thank you very much in advance.

faheem ahmed
    Participant

Find the reply in private content.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thank you very much for the explanation. We have analyzed both website and here is what we saw.

1. The main problem is a number of HTTP requests for both websites 77 with default theme and 141 with WoodMart.

2. JS and CSS minification and combination is turned off in our Theme Settings -> Performance. Try to turn it on. We also suggest you to use Better WordPress minify plugin for this.

3. There are also too much other differences in both websites content such as

3.1 Mega menu in our theme brings some content images too and with default WordPress theme you have a clean header with nothing.
    3.2 Probably our product images gallery doesn’t work with lazy loading. We will consider fixing it in the future.
    3.3 With our theme you have two times more related products with images.
    3.4 Default theme doesn’t have any content in the footer.

So, you compare two different websites and the difference is not only in the theme. Be sure that you are testing websites with the same amount of content firstly.

Kind Regards

faheem ahmed
    Participant

Thanks
    I only did as you proposed. I can understand the difference between both the themes. It is only regarding the Lazy Loading and as you have said that you are going to fix it then surely it will improve something specifically in my case.

Best Regards
    faheem

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, but in general it works correctly except for the product page gallery. For all other images it works the same as for the default WordPress theme.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)