Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lazy loading is Globally disabled, but images still has loading=”lazy”

Lazy loading is Globally disabled, but images still has loading=”lazy”

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

diogen
    Participant

Lazy loading is Globally disabled in theme options, but images still has loading=”lazy”. How this can be fixed?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This attribute is added by WordPress itself and our theme’s lazy loading doesn’t affect this. You might try to find a plugin that disables this functionality in the WordPress core.

Kind Regards

diogen
    Participant

I do not agree!
    1) This is somehow connected with your theme option to enable/disable lazy loading. If you implemented this on the theme, it should stop lazy loading globally or turn it on. This was not like that with previous versions of the theme and Lazy loading is supported from WP 5.5
    2) This seems to be an issue only with Woodmart. No such problems with other themes I am using.

You should fix this!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, switch to the default theme so we can check this on your website and verify that this attribute is added with WoodMart only.

Kind Regards

diogen
    Participant

Why should I find a plugin, when the theme has the option to enable/disable Lazy loading – it seems this option is not functioning at all. In fact it is impossible to stop the lazy loading through this option – why we need it then?

Stop shirking responsibility and fix your theme!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Our lazy loading works differently. When you enable/disable it, you will see extra CSS classes for images. As for the attribute you are talking about then it comes with WordPress and it is a different kind of lazy loading. You can read more about this feature in the WordPress blog https://make.wordpress.org/core/2020/07/14/lazy-loading-images-in-5-5/

diogen
    Participant

This was not an issue on previous versions of the theme! What is your explanation about that?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It was not an issue in any version of the theme because it comes from WordPress. Please, read the information above.

Kind Regards

diogen
    Participant

The logo doesn’t have this tag! Why the logo doesn’t have loading=”lazy”?

I will load the previous woodmart version and I will proof you are wrong! But then what? Are you going to refund the money or will fix the theme? Or maybe I should fill a complaint in Envato? Or keep buying licenses and give you one star?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The logo is not a regular image that comes from WordPress core like post and product images for example. That is why it works this way.
    If you face any issues with our theme, we will fix them or return your money back. But currently, you are talking about the WordPress feature that happens with all themes. All you need to do is to switch to the default theme and see the same behavior. If it will be different, then we will check from our side and fix the issue.

diogen
    Participant

I’m not arguing that WP doesn’t have this feature, but that this error in gt metrics started showing up after the last update of the theme.

diogen
    Participant

Ok. No problem. I have all the time in the universe. What so much.

diogen
    Participant

Look how Avada theme has nicely done their job with Lazy loading. This is it! Perfect!

Take an example from them and do it right. No more wondering what plugins to install. And people will be happy.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it is a useful option. We will add this to our feature requests list and consider implementing it in our future updates.

Kind Regards

diogen
    Participant

I think, it will be great if all the users can benefit from such an option.
    There’s plugin which deactivates the native lazy load function of wordpress with a single (activation) click and zero options – Disable Lazy Load by Jeff Starr. Works great for me so far.

Let’s bury the tomahawk and close the case.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you found the solution. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lazy loading is Globally disabled, but images still has loading=”lazy”’ is closed to new replies.