Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lazyload images even if they are in the viewport

Lazyload images even if they are in the viewport

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

In your theme, the lazyload system only delay the loading of images outside of the viewport. However, I’d like to delay also images within the viewport.

I know there is no available setting, but is that feasible with your theme with a custom code?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, what kind of delay do you mean? If you are talking about our “Offset” option, then it works globally and not possible to specify different values for particular images https://gyazo.com/57a6f9ac18c884696a6a2ec1f0761ea4

Kind Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi Artem,

What I look for would be to go in negative values in this “Offset option”

In other words, classical lazyload only delay images that are offscreen but still load images that are within the viewport (in the screen view).

This is what I wish to delay. Even if images are in the viewport, I wish to delay them for page performance reasons (fewer HTTP requests and faster loading time).

With your lazyload, there is no way to completely delay ALL images? even those that are within the viewport?

I give you an example below in private, this is a WooCommerce product that has 90 variations and therefore 90 images. All 90 images are loaded on pageload because the gallery is within the viewport => the lazyload doesn’t delay those images, which is very bad for performance, it’s a non-sense to load 90 images on pageload

Thanks for the help

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but it is not possible to solve this problem even with a negative offset option. This problem requires additional code customization and custom JS to init the gallery and load all images when you start scrolling the images carousel. Sorry, but we don’t have any instruction for this.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)