Home Forums WoodMart support forum Length of blog post titles

Length of blog post titles

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Erictavella111
    Participant

Good morning, I would like to know how I can show only a certain number of words in the article preview, because I saw that I can choose how many words or how many letters to show of the article text, but I cannot choose how many words to show of the article title. In this way the main page of the blog, where all the articles are shown, given that the titles have different lengths, the articles do not remain aligned correctly, I hope I have explained myself as best as possible.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please add below Custom CSS code to Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global custom CSS:

.blog-design-masonry .post-title {
         display: inline-block;
        width: 100%;
        overflow: hidden;
        text-overflow: ellipsis;
        white-space: nowrap;
    }

Best Regards.

Erictavella111
    Participant

Buongiorno has partially solved it, in the sense that it now shows me a certain number of letters and then starts with the dots… In this way I cannot control how many words or letters to display, because in some cases the title even if followed almost immediately by ellipsis is clear, in others not, so I would like to have a way to perhaps always indicate via code how many letters or words to show in the titles of the articles, obviously not for each single article, in a global way. But I would like to have control over how many words or letters to show, can you provide me with a code string that will allow me to do this?

Erictavella111
    Participant

Furthermore, I would like to ask how you can show a certain number of articles on the main page of the blog, where they are all shown. I would like to show only 9 per page and not for example 10, because otherwise I will have 3 rows of 3 articles left and the last one 1 (which happens to me now) is there an option to control how many articles to show per page?

Erictavella111
    Participant

This is the screenshot of the blog

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

01.Please add below Custom CSS code to Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global custom CSS to control the title line limit.

.blog-design-masonry .post-title {
      display: -webkit-box;
      -webkit-box-orient: vertical;
      overflow: hidden;
      text-overflow: ellipsis;
      -webkit-line-clamp: 2; /* Change this value to control the number of lines */
    }

02. First go to your “WordPress Dashboard” > “Settings” > “Reading”.

Now change “Blog pages show at most” value to any value you like. For example, if you wish to display 20 posts per page, you would enter the number 20 as the value.

After that click on the “Save Changes” button.

Best Regards.

Erictavella111
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply it works perfectly, thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Length of blog post titles’ is closed to new replies.