Home Forums Basel support forum Loco translate concern

Loco translate concern

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi
    As evoqued in a previous post, the translation in french I would like to have for the theme and different plugins is not really effective. Maybe I don’t use Loco Translate correctly, I haven’t found the solution.
    If you see my dashboard, some items are in french, the rest in english. If you go to “theme settings”, everything remains in english.
    Could you help me to solve this problem ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We see that Loco Translate plugin installed. But did you actually translate our theme pot file using this plugin? Our theme doesn’t have french translation by default and you need to translate strings you need to be in french as shown in this video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I have seen this video a moment ago, but it does not help.
    In the end, I translate by myself or everything stays in english… not very useful plugin for Basel…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But there is no any translations created by you in the Loco plugin. How did you translate it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m afraid I don’t understand your last message…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As shown on the video tutorial you can create new translations from basel pot file. But we don’t see any translations created (see the screenshot).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hum, I probably did a wrong handling. I have translated the theme again. The files appear and it is a little more “frenchy” ! But far from perfect… For example, in “theme settings”, everything remains in english.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But you didn’t translate any texts to achieve this. You need to translate all words from this file to make theme french

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. I think we are saying the same thing : loco translate works very well…if I make the job by myself…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Exactly, but our theme doesn’t have french translation initially. It is just translation ready but not already translated to all languages.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)