Home Forums WoodMart support forum Long description corrupted only when logged in

Long description corrupted only when logged in

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

wildguitars
    Participant

Greetings to the wonderful Xtemos support team, I hope you’re all doing well.

Today I discovered an issue that I request your urgent assistance with.

Please take a look at the following pages *in mobile view*
    https://www.wildguitars.co.il/product/positive-grid-spark-pearl/
    https://www.wildguitars.co.il/product/strandberg-boden-6-dr-titanium/

When viewing the pages in a private browsing window or without being logged in, the long description appears just as it should. But when logging in, either as a regular customer or as an administrator, the long description appears corrupted with most of the elements being pushed to the right-hand side.

We have WP Rocket enabled on our website. I know that this cache is turned off when logged in as a customer or admin, but I don’t understand how this can be related to the cache. Even after clearing the cache, the issue persists.

I’d appreciate your reply as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Tom

wildguitars
    Participant

Continuing my previous message, I now see that the long description appears corrupted even when viewing the pages in incognito mode. Earlier today I was able to view them properly. This makes it even more urgent!

Hello,

Please check how it works with the default WordPress theme just to check whether the issue is with our theme or not.

Because the product description is woocommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence.

Best Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Aizaz, thank you very much for the prompt reply.
    I’m not exactly sure how to check something like this with another theme. I’ve activated the “Twenty Twenty-One” theme on our staging website, here is a link to one of the pages:
    https://dev2.wildguitars.co.il/product/strandberg-boden-6-dr-titanium/

Does this help in any way?

Hello,

Please deactivate all the third party plugins, activate the parent theme then clear cache and check back.

If the problem continues then leave all the third party plugins deactivated and tell me then we will troubleshoot with the theme plugins.

Best Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,
    I have activated the parent theme and disabled all third-party plugins on our staging website, dev2.wildguitars.co.il. I have also completely disabled the cache and asked our web hosting company to clear the WP Rocket folder for safe measure.

https://dev2.wildguitars.co.il/product/strandberg-boden-6-dr-titanium/

Right now, the only plugins that are enabled are:
    Classic Editor
    WooCommerce
    Woodmart Core
    WPBakery Page Builder

Hello,

Sorry but the password you provided for the main site is not working for the staging and I am unable to see the issue.

Please provide the login details of the staging site to let me assist you further.

Best Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Apologies for that, I had originally given you the login details for the live site but not for the staging site. Please see the private content.

Hello,

I have visited your website after logging in and the long description is displayed fine.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://gyazo.com/fb0393a96cd83faca7b32528574aac4a

Please clear cache and check back.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Aizaz, it looks like you are only viewing the page in desktop view. In my original message I wrote that the issue only occurs in mobile view. I have uploaded a video for you: https://we.tl/t-GkJ3L6TK8h

Hello,

I have revisited your website on mobile and the description is working fine on mobile as well.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://gyazo.com/d9564e0c2c23a7506473075900055213

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

wildguitars
    Participant

That’s very odd…I’ve checked in Chrome and Safari and the result is the same. Can you please share what browser and OS you are using?

Hello,

To debug this issue further we need access to the wp dashboard panel but admin access that you provided is without wd dashboard rights.

Please provide the login details with the admin rights for the staging site to let us debug the issue.

Regards.
    Xtemos Studios

wildguitars
    Participant

Apologies again, I forgot to grant admin access to the user. Please try again.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom JS area on document ready in Theme Settings to fix this issue.

setTimeout(function(){
    vc_rowBehaviour();
    },1000);

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem, thanks for jumping in, I hope you’re doing well.
    I see that this snipped has already been added to the “On document ready” section…did do you already do it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, we have tested this on your website already and probably forgot to remove it. So you can keep that code and check how it works.

Kind Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem, the following error appears in the console when the code is added to the live site:

547983389cc61f05badbe4557da33ffd.js:204 Uncaught ReferenceError: vc_rowBehaviour is not defined
    at 547983389cc61f05badbe4557da33ffd.js:204
    (anonymous) @ 547983389cc61f05badbe4557da33ffd.js:204
    setTimeout (async)
    e @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2
    t @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2
    setTimeout (async)
    (anonymous) @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2
    c @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2
    add @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2
    (anonymous) @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2
    s.Deferred.s.Deferred @ 547983389cc61f05badbe4557da33ffd.js:2
    then @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2
    S.fn.ready @ jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it? Also, add the code so we can see it on your website.

Thank you in advance

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem, I cannot disable plugins on our live site for obvious reasons. 🙂 Anyway, oddly enough the issue seems to have resolved itself on its own and the long descriptions look great.

Before we close this thread, I do have another question:
    Ever since the theme update on our live site, I feel like it has become much slower. When viewing the site without being logged in (and the cache being enabled) it is very fast. But the moment that I log in, it is very slow. Before the update, even when being logged in the site was much faster than it is now.

Can I please request that you make a quick check to see if you find anything out of the ordinary? I know that site speed has a lot of variables and that it can be our web hosting, other plugins, optimizations, etc., but the actual theme update has had a big effect on this (from what I feel).

Thanks,
    Tom

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you have this problem with the staging website? Could you please test it with the default theme? If it is much slower with WoodMart, please, disable all external plugins so we can test it.

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem,
    Apologies for the delay in my reply, I was waiting for the web hosting company to copy the live site to the staging site so that it is an exact mirror.

Our staging site is now identical to the live site, and I have disabled all of the external plugins. Please surf https://dev2.wildguitars.co.il as a non-logged-in customer and using your login credentials as I have provided in the private content.You can also feel free to switch to the Twenty Twenty-One theme if you’d like.

Thanks again for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please send us a direct link to the page that you have a problem with speed on? We don’t see any issues caused by our theme yet.

Kind Regards

wildguitars
    Participant

Hi Artem,
    It seems you are correct, the website seems to be just as fast with or without the cache when all of the external plugins are disabled. I don’t think that it’s a specific plugin that is causing the slowdown, rather the fact that we have so many plugins enabled on our website. Anyway, thank you for checking this for me.

If it’s okay, I’d like to ask some additional questions regarding the product page:

1. At the moment, there is an orange scrollbar in the short description on our product pages. I have decided that I’d like the short description to be displayed in its full length, and for the main image+thumbnails to hover while the viewer is scrolling down. Somehow I was able to do this on the staging website but I don’t remember how.

2. I am considering displaying all of the tabbed content (long description, tech specs, reviews, about, additional tab content) one after the other, without tabs and without accordion. Is it possible to just have everything displayed at once? I tried switching to accordion but then the long description doesn’t cover the full width of the website.

3. Is it possible to change the order of the elements, through the theme? For example to move the add to cart button above the short description.

4. I noticed that when I enable the “sticky add to cart” feature, the share buttons are also sticky. Is there any way to disable this? I’d only like the price and the add to cart button to be sticky.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, create separate topics for those questions and attach some screenshots for a better explanation.

Thank you in advance.

wildguitars
    Participant

No problem, Artem, I will do that shortly. You ma close this thread in the meantime if you’d like.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)