Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lost in translation

Lost in translation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

doze
    Participant

Hi,

theme update has overwritten translation, I have a PO file, is there a way to upload it in order to retrieve translation?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You don’t need to put PO files in the theme folder but in wp-content/languages/themes instead.

Regards

doze
    Participant

Hi,

sorry if I get back to this but I don’t think I’ve got it right, every theme update I try to upload the PO file (previously downloaded from plugin translation page, see screenshot) to wp-content/languages/themes, I even tried to upload it to wp-content/themes/woodmart
    but nothing happens, what do I do wrong?

Thanks and regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Here is a video that demonstrates how to translate strings with Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU
    Be sure that you place your translation files to wp-content/languages/themes

doze
    Participant

I think it is the MO binary file missing, which I downloaded also, luckily. Do you know where should I put it? Same folder?

doze
    Participant

Put it in the same folder, it is still missing according to the plugin and translation is not retrieved yet.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please provide us your admin access so we can check it?

doze
    Participant

Sure.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have created a new translation for the theme and placed to the correct place. Try to translate it now.

doze
    Participant

I was already able to translate, the point is I cannot get back the previous translation. I’ve copied my it.po content and pasted into the woodmart-it_IT.po you have created. Now the plugin says there are translated strings and that they are synced, but still nothin happens on the website..

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to copy both PO and MO files from your previous translation.

doze
    Participant

Done! Thank you for your time

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)