Home Forums WoodMart support forum Lots of CSS Files

Lots of CSS Files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

terrabound
    Participant

Guys,

I just updated the theme. It seems like there are about 100 css references now. I’m not sure if this is all theme related, but there are way more CSS files now than there used to be. I’m attaching a screenshot.

Do you know why?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

terrabound
    Participant

I deactivated the plugins but the problem didn’t go away

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our theme CSS code is split into small modules, that is why you see all these files. It is much better for performance than one big file that will be loaded on all pages. But anyway, if you want to change this, you can switch on the Combine CSS option in Theme Settings -> Performance -> CSS.

Kind Regards

terrabound
    Participant

Thanks.

How is it better to have small modules? I thought that combining the CSS allows the page to load faster because there would only be one file request for the CSS instead of 100?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The number of CSS files doesn’t matter. But the total size of the page does matter. Anyway, you need to also use some optimization plugin that will combine all CSS files not only from our theme. We recommend you using WP Rocket for this task.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)