Home Forums WoodMart support forum Maintain image sizes regardless of orientations

Maintain image sizes regardless of orientations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RichardTRC
    Participant

We’re having some issues with product images on single product pages.

Landscape is displaying oddly and portrait images are way too large. (screenshots attached). As you can see on the landscape screenshot the image doesnt stretch down and the images bar below are of different sizes. And the portrait one is absolutely huge.

We are using Woodmart with WCFM so we do not have control over the orientation of product images.

Any solutions to standardise this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please try to test the images of the same height for the product page.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Hi, yes if all images are of the same size then obviously it isnt an issue. But as I said above the admin will not be creating the products so this isnt a solution.

Hello,

Unfortunately, if we cut a high image, it would lose its proportion and would be visible partially. You will have to upload qual height images, you can find more details here: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/image-size-content-alignment-product-grid/

Best Regards

RichardTRC
    Participant

Thanks for your response. Yeah i’ve checked out the doc you linked to but its not really what I want. Ideally I would like to use some CSS to keep the image area the same size, but shrink images to fit that and add whitespace where needed to keep it square. Eg, if someone uploads a portrait image it should add whitespace to the left and right to make the product smaller and fit the same area as a square image. I hope this makes sense.

As I say; I have no control over the size of the images being uploaded.

Helli,

It is not possible to implement with CSS. CSS can set the fixed width and height regardless of the image size.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to customize.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)