Home Forums WoodMart support forum Major changes in Layout after update to newest version

Major changes in Layout after update to newest version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Victoria
    Participant

Hello,

I am not a wordpress pro. But from trying to administrate my shopsite I always thought I have to make a child-theme to prevent layout changes and be able to still use the newest bugfix versions. So I went this way as also suggested by you.

Now after updating to the newest version my layout I made significantly changed. For example my highlighting color changed from orange to green. The fonts changed and everything is aranged differently now.

Maybe this is a standard issue of wordpress but possibly you can help me and tell me how I can prevent this in the future. I am really, really afraid to update now but I don’t want to miss any security updates. As it took very long to make the design changes.

I think the update was from 3.x to 4.x. What do I have to do to prevent that in the future?
    Thanks

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Have you made the site backup before updating? If yes, restore the site from the backup and update again but following these suggestions: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/3-x-4-0-migration-guide/

If you do not have the backup, try to disable and delete the plugins which are mentioned in the instruction and follow the rest points.

Best Regards

Victoria
    Participant

I reset the site with my backup and did the upgrades again with the steps in your link. It worked and my layout is restored. Thank you very much. Thats great.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Major changes in Layout after update to newest version’ is closed to new replies.