Home Forums Basel support forum many issues relating basel theme

many issues relating basel theme

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

sitevar
    Participant

Hi
    Firstly let me thank you for your great work.
    1- The categories block in the home page loads categoy images interrupted for a second the load images correctly by the end of page load , that will be in every new visit of the home page by a new browser tab.
    2- footer loads in the middle of the page when ever there is no content in it or the content is too short .
    3- after translating the .po file , in rare cases the translation not loaded and the theme loads the default English language instead .
    in almost more cases you can find the issue in the quick view modal , even if the translation loads correctly in the site pages , but also as I told you in some other cases the translation will not loads in both quick view and site pages.
    4- in any category page grid when choose a product color variable under the product image , the new loaded image ( related to the choosed variable ) will loads but higher than the default image and then the variables will shift to the bottom of the new image and hidden under the product image under it in the next row.
    5- header with canvas menu is specified by default to screen size of max 1024px and there is no option to choose to view that kind of header in larger screen sizes.
    kindly add this feature in future upgrades and for vnow to send my the css code that forces header in the screen shot ( with canvas ) to view in all screen sizes instead of the default header .
    6- how to edit my-account page to add account links in the content aria as boxes like in flatsome theme and please to add that in future upgrades because that page is not eye caching like the whole other pages in your awesome theme and really needs a new design.

screen shot and account login information are in the private content , please to login first because the site is closed from public.
    Thanks,

sitevar
    Participant

I have sent FTP info.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

1. It is natural that all resources are loaded with a small delay and some images may appear a bit later. But it doesn’t depend on the theme. It may be caused by a lot of other resources loaded on the page or because of slow internet connection. Try to optimize your website performance using some kind of caching and minification plugins.

2. Yes, because footer is not stuck to the bottom part of the window browser. You can check how it works with any other theme as well.

3. We tried to log in to your admin panel but we can’t do this with the data provided. That is why we can’t check your website because of maintenance mode enabled.

4. Need to see it on your website.

5. Do you mean that you want to show mobile navigation with a hamburger button for all screen sizes?

6. We will take this feature request into consideration for our future updates. For now, you can edit my account template in the file wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/myaccount/dashboard.php.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

sitevar
    Participant

Thanks for your fast replay
    2- the footer stick to bottom of page even if the page have no content in all other themes tested before like flatsome and many others.
    3-4- I have update login information and test it .
    5- yes exactly that what I need to do.
    6- thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

2. We tested Flatsome theme with these conditions and the footer is not stuck as well https://gyazo.com/4b83bd88601c9639fbf3141a4dfe21c1
    Could you please send some examples in case we understand you wrong?

3. It seems that it is not related to our theme since AJAX requests are not translated on your website at all. Anyway, we will check this problem on our side and get back to you soon.

4. We don’t see the issue on the page you sent us in the previous message.

5. Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS in Theme Settings

.mobile-nav,
    .right-column .mobile-nav-icon {
    	display: inline-block!important;
    }

.main-nav {
    	display: none!important;
    }

Regards

sitevar
    Participant

3- I have faced the same issue with translation before with other client who use your theme , translation not loaded some times , and I have solved that by repeat adding the translation of all affected strings using string translation plugin bt WPML .
    but I want to solve this issue without inforcing translation using another plugin.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you change the admin access? We can’t login now.
    We have checked quick view translation on our development website and it works fine. So we need to investigate what is wrong on your side.

Regards

sitevar
    Participant

Hi
    I still faced those issues:
    1- Translation issue: please try as an example to add 2 products to the cart then delete one of theme from within the cart widget so you will see how the Arabic translation will disappears and many strings will return to the English default , also the same thing in the quick view modal.

2- please to help with the css code to make the shop filter widget aria view 5 widget coloumns in the row instead of 4.

3- I have installed WooCommerce Additional Variation Images plugin and follow its documentation to add compatibility with basel theme because it is not following the default WooCommerce lightbox implementation as they said.

making that by adding the provided codes to theme child functions.php and create a new js file also in the theme root : https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-additional-variation-images/?_ga=2.224429788.756682670.1503855993-1106244229.1500319547#section-7

but the product image gallery thumbs loaded when the page loads:
    screen shot: https://prnt.sc/ge4i5g
    but disappeared after that when the page finish loading .
    you can try in this product: /shop/بلوز-طويل-2
    please to help
    thanks.

the admin login and ftp information attached.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. This issue seems to be caused by WPML plugin since it doesn’t load translations for AJAX requests. Are you able to contact plugin’s support and ask this question? Back to us if it should be fixed from our side.

2. Add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS for desktop devices only

.filters-inner-area .filter-widget {
        width:20%;
    }
    .filters-inner-area>div:nth-of-type(5n+1) {
        clear: both;
    }
    .filters-inner-area>div:nth-of-type(4n+1) {
        clear: none;
    }

3. As we can see, there is no integration guide with Basel theme in plugin’s documentation. This instruction is related to some other theme, but not ours. You can try to contact plugin’s developers also for the instruction for our theme integration too. Write us if you will need help implementing their fix in our theme.

Regards

sitevar
    Participant

1. This issue seems to be caused by WPML plugin since it doesn’t load translations for AJAX requests. Are you able to contact plugin’s support and ask this question? Back to us if it should be fixed from our side.

There is no WPML plugin installed in the site and no multi language in it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, but previously you said that you use WPML for string translation. Don’t you use it now?

sitevar
    Participant

I’m not using any language or multi language plugin in this site .

What I said before that In my previous project I faced the same issue with Basel theme and there was no time to contact support and then the only method that works with me is to enforce string translation using WPML string translation plugin .

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we have found the solution to your problem. By default, all WordPress AJAX actions go through the admin files (admin-ajax.php). And so, if you have English backend you will get all texts on loaded with AJAX in English. We have changed the language for your admin user and it works correctly now. You can change it back since it will work correctly for all other users except admin 🙂

Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)