Home Forums WoodMart support forum Mega Menu not showing Category Sub Items

Mega Menu not showing Category Sub Items

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jelly IT
    Participant

Apologies for my lack of education with this topic but How do I get my sub categories to display in my mega menu? As you can see with the attached screenshot. When hovering on Components. It still shows the default mega menu. My components category is a parent category to other categories and should display them?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jelly IT
    Participant

Just in addition to my above post. I have seen in your video that I would need to choose which HTML block to use in my menu. And I saw how you edit HTML blocks. What I don’t know is how to have these HTML Blocks auto populate my sub categories. Or do I have to create a separate HTML Block for every parent category?

Hello,

Yes, each menu item requires a separate HTML block. You would better paste the sub-categories in the HTML blocks because if you arrange the menu as menu-item (category) and the sub-menu item (sub-category) HTML blocks would not be displayed.

Best Regards

Jelly IT
    Participant

Thanks for your response. When I create the HTML block. Is there no way to auto populate the sub categories and all their children? This is a HUGE task if I have to do it all manually.

Hello,

You can save your HTML block as a template, then just create HTML and insert the template https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/#posts_products_page

As for the rest, you will have to do it manually.

Best Regards

Jelly IT
    Participant

Thanks. I was busy editing your “Menu-category” HTML Block example and discovered the following problem.

You use “Extra Menu List” theme element and manually add “Extra menu list items”. So all my sub categories will need to be added manually. This is possible but the problem with manual approach is the following:

I am importing my products and their categories from an external XML url. So if the external XML url adds a new category it will not be automatically be added to my Menu.

So I need a drop down menu that will automatically populate my parent and children categories according to what exists in my WordPress. I noticed you have a widget called “Categories” which does exactly this. So all the parent and children categories are automatically populated into this widget which is exactly what I need my navigation menu to do.

How can I get my navigation menu to act like your “category” widget? I need my navigation menu to auto populate my parent and children categories.

Hello,

Create a sidebar http://prntscr.com/oa31ly add the Product category widget, then add the widgetised sidebar element http://prntscr.com/oa31z9 into HTML block.

Best Regards

Jelly IT
    Participant

Thanks again for this. You can see the attached how the result looks like. It should not work like this. Because “Browse Categories” button should show the list of dynamic “product categories”. I do not want the user to click on a menu item first to see my list of dynamic product categories. Should I install another plugin like UberMenu (https://wpmegamenu.com) or something to achieve this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

We have not tested the plugin and do not guarantee 100% compatibility. Try setting a list, not a drop-down in the category widget.

Best Regards

tarantula
    Participant

This is also important to me – automatic populate BROWSE CATEGORIES menu with subcategories like categories in Shop page Widget Area.

Can I use some php code in BROWSE CATEGORIES menu?!

Hello,

There is no option to make categories to update automatically.

You can add the categories to the search element of the Header Builder and in this case, newly created categories would be added and displayed automatically.

Best Regards

tarantula
    Participant

Where is BROWSE CATEGORIES menu – which file in template/theme? Can I use this template in child theme with some php loops for automatic populate categories menu?

Hello,

Make the full backup of your site and customize the theme as per your needs. Yes, you can use a child theme for the purpose.

Best Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)