Home Forums Basel support forum Mega Menu Widget

Mega Menu Widget

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

despina.mina
    Participant

Hello,
    in home page i have the mega menu widget element.
    But in mobile does not appears the arrows with subcategories.I tried to change responsive options but is not fixed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, unfortunately, this mega menu can be used for desktop devices only. It can’t work on mobile devices.

Kind Regards

despina.mina
    Participant

Hello,so in alternative what i sould use?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there is no widgets that support mega menu dropdowns on mobile devices in our theme.

despina.mina
    Participant

I’m not interested in mega menu widget!
    What I ask you is since your theme does not work fine with mega menu widget to tell me how is possible to display cathegories and subcategories in all pages in mobile.
    You sould tell me an alternative because your theme should be responsive with all elements he proposes.Since it is not, you have to tell me how to make my page as I want for the mobile

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you want to show your product categories and subcategories you can use “Product categories” widget for that. If you want to display it with WPBakery page builder, then you need to create a new Sidebar in Dashboard -> Sidebars, then add that widget to newly created sidebar in Appearance -> Widgets and then, place this sidebar with WPBakery using Widgetized Sidebar element.

despina.mina
    Participant

There is not the possibility to use an element only for mobile?
    In desktop i like Mega Menu Widget

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, you can hide one column with element on desktop and display another one. The same for mobile device. Check an instruction here https://wpbakery.com/video-academy/responsive-column-control-width-offset-param-usage-explained/

despina.mina
    Participant

In this video explains how set the responsive parameters.
    Can you please explain me more?
    thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, wrong video. Here is a right one https://wpbakery.com/video-academy/control-elements-different-devices-responsive-column-controls/
    It shows you how to show/hide columns on different devices.

despina.mina
    Participant

hello,
    i have replaced the mega menu widget with “Product categories” widget.In home page i used Widgetized Sidebar element like you told me.But it does not work in mobile!
    Also can you please help me to make some customization?
    I want to set a color background in widget title and in hover of categories like was in mega menu widget .
    See screenshot,thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us a link to the page with this widget added.

despina.mina
    Participant

The widget exists in home page and shop page.It does not work in mobile in home page

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

If you want to place both columns one under another on mobile you need to set its width to 12 columns 1/1 in responsive settings. http://prntscr.com/iubpqs

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to change menu style.

body .widget_product_categories {
    	background-color: #F7F7F7;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .basel-cats-toggle {
    	top: 11px;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .widget-title {
    	padding: 20px;
    	background-color: #E1008B;
    	margin-bottom: 0;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .cat-item {
    	margin-bottom: 0;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .cat-item .children {
    	margin-top: 0;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .cat-item .children .cat-item a {
    	padding-left: 25px;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .cat-item:before {
    	display: none;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .cat-item > a {
    	display: block;
    	padding: 15px;
    }

body .widget_product_categories .cat-item > a:hover,
    body .widget_product_categories .current-cat > a {
    	background-color: #E1008B;
    	color: white;
    }

Regards

despina.mina
    Participant

Thank you for the css,is working!
    Concerning the other issue(in mobile),the issue is not that i want to place both columns one under another.The problem is that in mobile the categories are not clickable and also the arrows for subcategories (the same problem i had also with mega menu widget before).

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

This problem is caused by the fact that you did not specify the correct width for the right column. Specify 6/12 column width for the second column for mobile, just like you did it with the first one. https://gyazo.com/c06b08a39194f724ac25675419ca35ed

Regards

despina.mina
    Participant

Hello,can you please help me with this?
    In mobile in shop page the widget with categories appears below the images with categories.
    I want it to the left like in desktop.And if possible all the sidebar.
    Also i want to ask you if is possible to remove the sidebar completely from this page and make it appear only inside a category.Since the category widget it has no meaning in the page with categories.Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but you can’t move this widget to the left on mobile.
    The shop page and category pages has the same template file and settings and there is no way to hide this widget on the current page only. Since this page, it is the same as the category page.

Regards

despina.mina
    Participant

Hello,
    so shop page is not responsive?I want it like in desktop

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, what do you mean? It is responsive. All themes have content and the sidebar in one column on mobile devices. It can’t be moved to the left since there is no enough space there.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)