Home Forums WoodMart support forum Menu disappearing or showing duplicates of translated menus caused by Redis

Menu disappearing or showing duplicates of translated menus caused by Redis

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi there,

My menu at the back has been giving me issues with disappearing entirely or showing me all (duplicated) menus of my other languages. I am trying to debug so i deactivated all plugins and started activating them one by one. Till i came to Redis. More then 12 hours i have been working and slowly activating 1 plugin at the time and worked around in WordPress like i normally do. The menu didn’t break or went missing at all. Then when i finally activated Redis as the last plugin, the menu directly broke and showed me all duplicated menus of all languages. Then i tried Storefront and kept all the same plugins activated and the menu doesn’t break or goes missing. Can this issue regarding the missing menus and Redis Cache be connected to the Woodmart theme?

Kind regards,

Tim

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

So to reproduce the issue we need to edit some products and save them? Can you send us your admin and FTP access so we can check what is wrong there?

Kind Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi there,

You have all the access.

Yes just work around a little like you normally would do with pages and products.

But first you to need fix the menu like i tell you in the video.

By saving a page, switching theme, saving a product, disabling/enabling plugin you can fix the menu temporarily.

By disabling Redis you will fix the menu issue entirely and it will not come back.

I have the strange feeling its connected to Woodmart but also WPML. I have two other sites with Woodmart, Redis and Cache and till this day i don’t have missing menu issues. But on those sites i don’t have WPML installed.

I am also in contact with WPML about this issue.

Kind regards,

Tim

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

What exact steps should we take to break the menu? We tried to resave page and product but the menu is still working.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

I am trying to reproduce now and now it seems to be working.
    I am going a little loco. 😉
    Will keep on trying till i know more.

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Found it. Check out the movie.

Created translations of a product and it came back.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it is a weird issue but if it affects the list of menus only you can ignore it.
    And of course, contact WPML plugin support for help. If there is any compatibility issue between the plugin and the theme they will contact us and we will cooperate to solve it asap.

Kind Regards

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi there,

Small update regarding testing the missing menu with WPML/Redis in combination with Woodmart theme.
    See my response to WPML.
    They are going to test the issue soon on a clean install with nothing else installed except for WPML, Woodmart Theme and Essentials and Redis Cache.

Kind regards,

Tim

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Small correction on previous message.

By saving a page/product you can in most cases fix the broken menu temporarily. After a while it gets broken/disappears again. By disabling Redis you fix it permanently.

I wrote this wrong.

Thx

tim.meulendijk
    Participant

Hi there,

Small update. In collaboration with WPML, they have found the solution regarding the broken or missing menu at the backend. When you have WPML and Redis installed on a WordPress Installation, you need to add one line to the wp-config file.
    ==
    define ( ‘WP_REDIS_IGNORED_GROUPS’, [‘WPML_Cache_Terms_Per_Lang’, ‘terms’, ‘nav_menu_relationships’]);
    ==
    This is the fix related to WPML in combination with Redis Cache.
    The solution shared, is adding an exception in Redis not to read a specific group of data.

Thanks to WPML we found it. If your customers have similar issues, please share the solution provided by WPML.

Have a nice day!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing this solution here. We are glad that you sorted it out!

Kind Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)