Home Forums WoodMart support forum Menu dropdown settings are incorrect in translated language

Menu dropdown settings are incorrect in translated language

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Vial
    Participant

Hello,

I have a strange error in the dropdown menu on my website.

I am in the process of translating the page into Finnish as well. The German and English menus work fine. The dropdown menu for Product series is set to “full width”, while Product groups is set to “Default”.

The Finnish menu is a little strange.

If I set the first menu item “TUOTESARJA” (Product series) to “full width”, this item also changes correctly in the frontend, but the layout of the second menu item “TUOTERYHMÄT” (Product groups) also jumps to “full width”.
    Strangely enough, I don’t see this setting in the backend. It is still set to “Default” there.

If I change the dropdown setting to “Aside” for test purposes, it remains stubbornly at “Default” after saving the menu. The change was therefore not registered correctly.

If I also set the first navigation point to “Default”, the default layout appears correctly for both navigation points.

What could be the reason for this?

Hello,

Please check the manual on a menu translation and follow the instructions: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Vial
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I checked the instructions again and didn’t find anything that could help me with my problem, as I did it as in the instructions. I was able to translate the menu in the original language into English and Finnish as usual.

The only difference is that the dropdown menu looks different and I can set what I want in the backend. It is not displayed correctly. The problem also only appears in Finnish, not in English.

You can see this quite clearly in the video I linked in the private area.

Hello,

Did you synchronize the menu in the Dashboard > WPML > Sycnronize menu?

I am checking the Language settings and I see Finish is hidden, please disable hiding it.

Best Regards

Vial
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I have synchronised the menu several times, but this has not yet been successful.

I have activated the Finnish language.

Hello,

Please have a look at the screen: https://gyazo.com/a432d01c5f2f863656cfa73138f76481 and https://gyazo.com/52d99fb56cb01c77b866bbaa525e66f7

You need to configure all the menu items in the same way.

Best Regards

Vial
    Participant

Hello Elise,

thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, exactly the same thing happens in your 2nd screenshot as with me, which is why I am reporting here. The second menu item is correctly set to “Default” in the backend, although the dropdown menu is shown in “full-width” in the frontend. So there is a display error here.

In the screenshot of the English page (3rd screenshot) you can see that the “Default” layout is displayed here, as it should be in Finnish, but it is missing there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Our developers have fixed this and we will add this fix to the nearest update.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Vial
    Participant

Hello Elise,

thank you very much!

Best regards

Vial
    Participant

Hello Elise,

now, unfortunately, the error has moved on and I can no longer add an image to the last sub-menu item “Linesca”. The image setting “Use image as” now remains on “Dropdown background”, although I always change it to “Menu item icon”. After saving, it is changed back to “Dropdown background”. Also when adding new menu items, “Menu item icon” can no longer be set.

However, the previous menu items “Sicorum” etc. worked.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If it doesn’t work only for the last menu items then it is a problem with the PHP max input vars limit. It simply can’t process a large amount of data when you save the menu. Try to contact your hosting provider and ask to increase this parameter. You can check its value in WooCommerce -> System status.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)