Home Forums Basel support forum Menu – main categories and subcategories

Menu – main categories and subcategories

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

BLAVAS
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to ask you if it is possible to have the main categories in the main menu and during browsing through the subcategories have above the products only the subcategories for the main category which you are actually browsing (in the section between the products and the main menu – “black menu” )?
    Maybe it will be clearer when you look at the attached picture 🙂

Default settings are that in the “black menu” [product-categories] are the main categories and from them are scrolled the subcategories.
    For me it is not important to have a dual list of main categories (in the main menu and in the “black” product categories).

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can edit your main menu via Appearance -> Menus and add only your parent categories there. Then, try to enable Show current category ancestors option in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Sidebar & Page title.

Regards

BLAVAS
    Participant

Thanks, but this doesn’t work.
    I have in the main menu only the parent categories and I did it via “Appearance -> Menus”.
    When I enabled the “Show current category ancestors” option, in the product-categories “black” menu I saw only the “All”. Look at the attached screenshot.
    Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but you missed the screenshot and we can’t see your website because of the maintenance mode enabled.

Regards

BLAVAS
    Participant

Sorry, here it is.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please provide us your admin access so we can check it?

BLAVAS
    Participant

Sure, it’s in the private content.
    Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But what is your Dashboard URL? Where can we login to your admin area?

BLAVAS
    Participant

Sorry 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Here is what we see on this address https://gyazo.com/af88de584212b60c0d554db39c18c500

BLAVAS
    Participant

I turned off the geodefence for your access, so I don’t know where is problem. I wrote to my hosting provider (in our country is night). Could you send me the full screenshot, please? Maybe I can solve it if I could see all the text.
    Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It shows your subcategories at the moment prntscr.com/hxjgzu Please check is it correct for you.

BLAVAS
    Participant

Hi, i added some test product to accessories category to see how it looks with more subcategories. It shows only the subcategories with some products. This is well. Thank you very much.
    But, when I clicked on the “All” in the product-categories menu I hover over the main categories in product-categories menu. Nothing happened. Is it possible on the higher lever at product-categories menu to have dropdown menu with subcategories? Only on this lever when it shows all main categories.
    In the attachment is screenshot.
    Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but it is not possible if you show only subcategories in that menu. It can be done only if you disable Show current category ancestors option in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Sidebar & title.

Regards

BLAVAS
    Participant

Ok, thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Menu – main categories and subcategories’ is closed to new replies.