Home Forums WoodMart support forum Migrating to Production site.

Migrating to Production site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dearhear2016
    Participant

So I have spent the last week, configuring my test domain and testing all functionality.

Is there any documentation or supported way to move my theme and settings across to the production site.

Understand the content might be slighly different but really need to find the easiest way to move across.

Hello,

If your site is not big, consider free All in one wp migration https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Best Regards

dearhear2016
    Participant

Thanks it’s not big, but my production site has all the products etc… I want to copy across the modified theme and settings. I was hoping I could do it without having to document step by step what to do after I install the theme.

Paul

Hello,

As I understand now you want to transfer only theme settings. If so, install and activate the theme. Install and activate all the plugins in Appearance > Install plugins. some of them have been already installed. Make sure they are activated.

Next, navigate to Theme Settings > Imposrt/Exposrt and create your setting file backup in your development site. Then enter Theme Settings > Imposrt/Exposrt in your live site and upload the file with the option.

I do recommend use All in one wp migrate to make backups of both sites. If something goes wrong. You will have always untouched backup.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)