Home Forums Basel support forum Missing Argument Error using instagram widget in footer

Missing Argument Error using instagram widget in footer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

tjcham
    Participant

Warning: Missing argument 2 for basel_shortcode_instagram(), called in /var/www/clients/client1/web7/web/woo/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/widgets/class-instagram-widget.php on line 45 and defined in /var/www/clients/client1/web7/web/woo/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/shortcodes.php on line 117

Also the styling for this widget is limited – 3 images across using thumbnails… Would like to use for full width footer column like VC options where number of images per row can be selected.

Alternatively, if I could use VC on the blog overview page (lists latest posts) and add VC elements below the posts. VC is available but cannot save to the blog page (using masks)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. We will fix this warning message in the next theme update, thank you for the report.

2. We suggest you to use our Visual Composer element “Instagram” that has more options that you need.

3. It is not clear for us what problem do you have with the Visual Composer on blog post? Could you give us a bit more details about it?

Regards

tjcham
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

3. With Blog set to mask in theme settings,

On the page edit, VC is available, you can add a VC component such as Instagram, but the page does not save the Instagram or any other VC component.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this case please provide your admin access so we could check it.

tjcham
    Participant

So it works fine in your demo?

Adding Instagram widget to sidebar or any other widget area?

tjcham
    Participant

Sorry I meant the VC components save in your demo for the blog page?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, of course it works fine as well as on any other post types.

tjcham
    Participant

Ok thanks, good to know, but can you send me a link to show me a demo page with VC elements in the blog page please?

I can’t give you access to our dev site as we are working like crazy to go live.

If you show me that it is working, I’ll set up a new dev version with no other plugins installed, test it and if does not work let you have access.

Thanks again.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Here is a post example where we have added VC Instagram element just now http://demo.xtemos.com/basel/posuere-at-mi-a-sem/

tjcham
    Participant

Hi, thanks, but that link is for a blog post…

I meant the blog overview page like :

…/blog/

or

or

http://demo.xtemos.com/basel/category/hobbies/?blogmask

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But it is not possible to show any texts on the blog page, only posts loop will be shown on this page.

tjcham
    Participant

OK, no problem, but the VC options are shown on the page so this leads to confusion. (you can add the VC option, but they do not save). We will have to find a way to remove VC from this page for the client otherwise he is going to ask why it does not work too.

We will wait until the widget for Instagram is fixed and add it as a widget to this page instead.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This warning will be removed in the next update. Probably in one-two weeks.

Thank you

sjmellor39
    Participant

Is it as simple as modifying line 117 to comment out the $content variable? Because that seemed to work for me and remove the error.

function basel_shortcode_instagram( $atts/*, $content*/ ) {

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi @sjmellor39,

Thank you for posting your solution here on the support forum, it will be helpful for other customers with old Basel version.

Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)