Home Forums WoodMart support forum Missing strings for a complete translation

Missing strings for a complete translation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Eclipse16V
    Participant

Hello,

I have a question about your WordPress theme “WoodMart” that you have developed. I have installed the above theme for a friend on his homepage. So far everything works very well. But now my friend needs your theme in German and I started to translate your theme with PoEdit. Unfortunately I found out that your theme can not be translated completely, because some text strings are not translatable with a WP-Lang file. Now I don’t want to translate directly in the PHP pages all the rest of the texts, because this has to be done again with every update. Could you please take another look at your theme and add the remaining text strings? That would be really very good. I would hate to install an extra plugin like Loco. But this wouldn’t help in this case either, because these missing strings won’t be found with it either.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work with this great theme.

Here are the missing strings from the files that do not work:

…/post.php?post=xxx&action=edit
    – Page title size
    – none
    – Creat/modify size guide table
    – Choose product categories
    – Select
    – HTML Block categories
    – Add New category

…/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=cms_block_cat&post_type=cms_block
    – HTML Block categories
    – Add New category
    – Parent category
    – Search categories

…/admin.php?page=xtemos_options&tab=general_section
    – Select
    – Page title size
    – Prefooter area
    – Color
    – Font size
    – Color on hover
    – Remove
    – Add rule
    – You will need to install and activate this plugin
    – Enable login with Facebook on your web-site. To do that you need to create an APP on the Facebook https://developers.facebook.com/. Then go to APP settings and copy App ID and App Secret there. You also need to insert Redirect URI like this example local://mein-account/facebook/int_callback More information you can get in our documentation.
    – You can enable login with Google on your web-site. To do that you need to Create a Google APIs project at https://console.developers.google.com/apis/dashboard/. Make sure to go to API Access tab and Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID. Choose Web application for Application type. Make sure that redirect URI is set to actual OAuth 2.0 callback URL, usually local://mein-account/google/oauth2callback More information you can get in our documentation.
    – To enable login with vk.com you need to create an APP here https://vk.com/dev. Then go to APP settings and copy App ID and App Secret there. You also need to insert Redirect URI like this example local://mein-account/vkontakte/int_callback
    – To get this data, follow the instructions in our documentation here.
    – You can specify “font-display” property for fonts loaded from Google. Read more information here
    – You can specify “font-display” property for fonts used for icons in our theme including Font Awesome. Read more information here
    – Font Awesome library

…/admin.php?page=woodmart_dashboard&tab=home
    – Welcome to Woodmart dashboard
    – Thank you for purchasing our premium eCommerce theme – Woodmart. Here you are able to start creating your awesome web store by importing our dummy content and theme options.
    – Demo versions
    – Additional pages
    – Search by name

…/admin.php?page=woodmart_dashboard&tab=license
    – Activate your purchase code for this domain to turn on auto updates function.
    – I agree that my purchase code and user data will be stored.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

In order to translate the Woocommerce strings, you need to create a separate translation in Loco > Plugins > Woocommerce in the same way as shown in the video.

Best Regards

Eclipse16V
    Participant

Hello,
    unfortunately we do not use Loco and do not want to install it. But even Loco would not translate these strings as they are not provided for in the PHP file.

For example like here:

\wp-content\themes\woodmart\inc\admin\settings\login.php
    Line 114

Hello,

We will add these strings into our nearest update.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Eclipse16V
    Participant

Thanks

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)