Home Forums Basel support forum Mobile layout

Mobile layout

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

manik
    Participant

Hi Team,

Can you please check the page in mobile view, the sidebar is not opening in the slide but is appearing at the bottom of page. It should appear in the slide view as other sidebars on mobile view.

Hello,

Please provide us with your admin access and check the shop page editing mode: make sure you have not set the custom sidebar for the shop page in the page settings under the content.

Best Regards

manik
    Participant

Hi,

I believe, there are no custom bars set. please find the admin details.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the third parties plugins not related to the theme and check the issue again. The additional plugins dominate on the theme settings.
    In order to distinguish which plugins relate to the theme and which do not, deactivate them all and then navigate to Appearance > Install plugins and activate all in the list.

Next, activate plugins one by one and check to understand which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

manik
    Participant

Hi team,

I’ve deactivated all plugins and activated only the required ones, the issue still persists. The additional plugin which is enabled is yith multivendor however that is supported by basel. Please check again at your end.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems to be caused by this plugin https://gyazo.com/4db8690d228aa237b04ad3f62e05262d . You sent us a link to the custom page created with it and it is not a default WooCommerce shop page.

Regards

manik
    Participant

Hi team,

Thank you for reverting quickly, really appreciate it. Can you please check this URL as well This is created using yith multi vendor plugin,the same problem occours here also.

Earlier, the plugin was brands plugin, which you’ve mentioned in your earlier reply, this one is yith multi vendor plugin which is compatible with the theme. The same issue occours here also. Any suggestions to replicate it and solve it? I believe you must have a solution for this since the plugin is officially supported by xtemos.

manik
    Participant

Hi,

I can confirm that there is no problem with the plugin but with the theme. Please visit http://cake.kinsta.com/checkout/

I’ve disabled all the plugins you’ve mentioned above, this is a simple checkout page where no additional plugins are being called however the side bar there is not being displayed correctly. Please check

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to disable cache https://gyazo.com/26b107a3646fbe7326953a5c7d81fa42 and disable sidebar in Theme Settings -> General layout.

manik
    Participant

Hi,

Can you please check what I’m trying to explain. It seems you’ve misunderstood the requirement. You are stating to disable the sidebar but that is not the case, I actually need the sidebar to be displayed. The sidebar which is being displayed at checkout and other places, should appear in the mobile view, that is, similar to the main menu however it is appearing at the bottom of the page, which it should not.

I’ve already cleared the cache and if it was a plugin problem, it should appear only on the plugin pages. Even after disabling it, the sidebar is not opening in the mobile view correctly, as it should. If I add a new sidebar in the “Shop” page, it is being displayed correctly in the mobile view, however, when I add a new widget in the main widget area, that thing is not displayed in the mobile view correctly like the main menu, the slider effect, which should come when the menu is being opened in the mobile. This seems not a plugin issue since I’ve disabled other plugins and despite that, the checkout page has a sidebar, which is not being displayed correctly in the mobile view. I believe, you need to do some changes in order for that to appear correctly in the mobile view or you have not coded the theme to display widgets in “Main widget area” to be displayed in mobile view, similar to the main menu.

I hope this is clear now.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But this option works on the shop page only. On the checkout page, for example, the sidebar will be shown after the content on mobile devices.

manik
    Participant

Yes, that is what I wanted, it will be nice if the sidebar in “Main widget area” can also be displayed like the one in the shop page area. It will be great if you can provide the necessary code to make the changes

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

There is no such option at the moment. We will consider it for our future updates.

manik
    Participant

Hi Artem,

I’m really disappointed by the contradicting replies I’ve been receiving. The very first reply says, there is a conflict with other plugins whereas there was no conflict with the other plugins. You then stated it to be a problem of caching plugin which was also not the case. I simply wanted the sidebar to be displayed in the mobile view and when I explained to you the problem again, you’re stating that there is no feature as of now. But, when I open the page- http://cake.kinsta.com/vendor/elloras/ in mobile view, I get option of the mobile sidebar, but when I click on it, a blank sidebar appears instead of the one which should appear, clearly meaning that this is built into the theme and this feature exists in the theme. If there was no such feature in the theme, no sidebar option should have appeared in the mobile view, but it is appearing, but only showing the blank sidebar.

Please try to check this in detail. Not satisfied with the replies I’ve received so far.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Check main points again:

1. Yes, our theme has hidden sidebar option that works on the shop page ONLY.

2. On the link you sent, it doesn’t work correctly because of the plugin conflict.

3. It will not work on other than shop pages for now.

4. We will add this function globally for all pages in our next theme update that will be released next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you always sent different links and pages. And the problems are different for different pages.

Regards

manik
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Thank you for following up with the details and apologies for being a bit rude. After the update, everything is working fine.

Thank you once again, this can be closed.

manik
    Participant

Suggestion- “Show sidebar” appears in the mobile view, even if there is not sidebar on that particular page. It will be nice to show only if the page has sidebar.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please send us a link where we can see this issue?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)