Home Forums Basel support forum mobile search on sticky menu

mobile search on sticky menu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

kristiankeegan
    Participant

Hi, I have Basel theme 5.6.1 installed and search icon is not clickable on mobile when main menu is in sticky mode, works okay on desktop. I checked back on old theme versions and last worked on version 5.4.2.

Additionally, i have designed a modal popup as an html block but nothing happens on click, can you build modal pop up in an html block? works okay when built on a page with vc.

thanks

kris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:
    Contact Form 7
    Mailchimp for WordPress
    Safe SVG
    Slider Revolution
    WooCommerce
    WPBakery Page Builder
    XTEMOS Post Types plugin

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

kristiankeegan
    Participant

Hi, I followed your advice and deactivated all site plugins except the plugins you suggested. Mobile search bar still not working on sticky mobile menu when you scroll. I have tested on iphone 10/11/12.

login details for staging site in private content.

thanks

Kris

Hello,

Please advise what the user ID is and confirm the permission for plugin deactivation, switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

kristiankeegan
    Participant

Hi, details below. I give permission to switch off plugins and switch to parent theme.

thanks, kris

Hello,

Please check the credentials I cannot log in.

Best Regards

kristiankeegan
    Participant

correct details below thanks, Kris

Hello,

I am testing the search in mobile menu and it works: https://gyazo.com/d4d6abc7b6e0f4c5d4e4b47fb72c283a and https://gyazo.com/e107e37335e6f964f3a057c4ebdb6576

Please describe the actions step by step to reproduce the problem I do not see search in Mobile navbar menu.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

kristiankeegan
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I don’t think you have read my first message in detail. The mobile search does not work in ‘STICKY’ header on mobile devices. Please see link to video tested on iPhone. As I have already mentioned the function used to work with Basel version 5.4.2 but not version 5.6.1.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6O6cKVw8KTHAoMANQkSQQbFH3iG8J8H/view?usp=sharing

thanks, Kris

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Please add this snippet to the Theme Settings > Custom JS > On document ready:

jQuery(window).on('baselEventStarted', function() {
    var body = baselThemeModule.$body;
    				jQuery('.mobile-search-icon.search-button').on('click', function(e) {
    					if (baselThemeModule.windowWidth > 991) {
    						return;
    					}

e.preventDefault();
    					if (!body.hasClass('act-mobile-menu')) {
    						body.addClass('act-mobile-menu');
    						jQuery('.mobile-nav .searchform').find('input[type="text"]').focus();
    					}
    				});
    	});

We will fix that in the nearest update.

Best Regards

kristiankeegan
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the code snippet. All working in good order now.

I appreciate your help.

Kris

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘mobile search on sticky menu’ is closed to new replies.