Home Forums WoodMart support forum Modifying site wide search to include categories

Modifying site wide search to include categories

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

collectking
    Participant

Hi there,

our store is HIGHLY dependent on categories, this means we force the seller down a very specific category tree when uploading a product. The seller is only allowed to go down 1 category tree to choose a product and are forced to select both the parent and child category.

When I do a sitewide search the category is not included in the search paramiters and nothing shows up. is there any way to rectify this? I have scoured the settings and cannot see any options. Alternatively I have bought: https://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/3357410

Is there a way to replace your search with this one if your search cannot return categories in the results? It makes no sense that it does not 🙁

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for purchasing our theme and contacting our support center.

We didn’t test our theme with this plugin earlier. If you want to replace our search with this one, you need to contact plugin’s developers for instructions. If you need to know the file that contains our search then it is woodmart/header-elements/search.php.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)