Home Forums Basel support forum Multi Vendor, Checkout page displays relative vendor's bank detail

Multi Vendor, Checkout page displays relative vendor's bank detail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Oscar
    Participant

Hi there, My first support requirement would be a good experience I hope. I just purchased your nice theme and set up. I need your advices on this please:
    I m trying to achieve this: I m trying to set up a multi vendor site like Etsy so vendors can open their own store pages. So I installed Dokan plugin. Vendors can register open store and upload products. All fine. But unlike Etsy as a site admin I dont want to get commissions from each purchase. Vendor can get 100% of the fee from buyer. So I adjusted Dokan like that so far no problem. So how am I gonna earn money? I will charge each vendor manually every month outside of this web site. Thats ok I do it. I wish there was a subscription function so I could charge vendors monthly so there could be a membership limit or product upload limit, but at the moment I couldnt find a solution for that, there is a Dokan subscription+WP User Pro combination as a solution but seems expensive and why to put extra 2 plugins ! So till I find a decent solution I m ok to charge vendors manually for being a vendor on my site.
    -My problem starts here: As you know Dokan and Woocommerce has only 1 bank account for the whole shop. Because system based on admin gets commission from vendors, buyers pay all money to site admin, admin shares the money with vendors. This has advantage that admin doesnt have problem on getting money. But has a big CON. Admin pays lots of tax. Because every purchase money goes into his bank account stays there few days, and government sees that as revenue and charges tax, of course there will be tax deductions after paying vendors but still there are lots of transactions and thats no good for tax reasons. Thats why I prefer subscription model. Thats why I want buyers pay to vendor directly for the purchase. So each vendor gets paid from buyers directly. They deal with taxes themselves and they have the whole responsibility on shipping taxes product taxes all.
    BUT PROBLEM IS THIS: Woocommerce nor Dokan has bank IBAN details for EACH vendor so vendor can enter his own bank details, so buyer on checkout sees that X Vendor’s IBAN number on X Vendor’s product purchase checkout page, so buyer pays the amount to that IBAN number (bacs details). SOLUTION A-): At least I want this, each vendor has their own bak details on Database so checkout page displays that relative Vendor’s bank details only.
    HOW CAN ACHIEVE THAT? WITH WHAT CUSTOMS CODES (at least you can tell me what php pages to edit to achieve this), or which plugins I should install?
    SOLUTION B-): Preferably each vendor has their own payment method page form so they can enter payment gateway api, bank number etc details. But if this is difficult I can be ok for the solution A.
    To achieve this if the solution is multi site, please explain that too how your theme works on multi site? lets say one.site.com for vendor called ONE. and two.site.com for vendor TWO, those subdomain sites are multi sites of site.com and display only that particular vendor’s products on their homepage, but also can have another page to display MAIN site site.com’s all products too. Also MAIN site.com can display all vendors products. In this multi site method maybe lets say one.site.com’s admin panel I can enter ONE’s bank details in woocommerce or dokan, so buyer can see that bank details on checkout. And on other vendor sub domain sites (all multi site) do the same put their own bank details. Would that be a solution? Or without multisite, just by adding a form on woocommerce or dokan to enter vendor bank details and your checkout display that relatively? Would that be easier and possible and how?
    Thanx in advance.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

Thank you for the detailed explanation of your request. We will try to answer all your questions one by one.

1. Multi Vendors + Subscription

First of all, as you already know, any shopping functionality comes with WooCommerce plugin and is not related to our theme. Our theme only adds styles to the plugin pages and may enchant them with some useful JS features like AJAX filters or nice shopping cart widget in the header. But general functions like adding to cart, checkout process, payments methods everything are not managed by our theme. And the same with Dokan plugin.

Personally, we didn’t try to create a multivendor website with subscription business model. But we think that your solution with extra plugin for subscription would be the only one way to solve the problem for you. Here is a documentation that we found on the plugin’s website and I think it is useful for you https://wedevs.com/docs/dokan-add-ons/how-to-install-use-dokan-subscription/

2. Different bank accounts for vendors

As we mentioned previously, this is not related to our theme as well, and providing you with additional code customization for the third party plugin is out of theme support scope according to Envato Support policy.

But we searched for some solution and found a few forums threads on the Dokan support forum with the same questions. We hope that they may be help full for you. If not, you are free to contact plugins developers and we are sure that you will get support from them

https://wedevs.com/support/topic/dokan-and-payments/
    https://wedevs.com/support/topic/dokan-direct-payment-to-seller/

3. Multi site

The base function of the multisite in WordPress is to create different website that have one code base. It means that you can easily create a few websites using only one wordpress installation, one theme and all the same plugins. BUT their database will be absolutely different. You can’t have products on the website one.site.com and on main.site.com the same. These two sites will have different databases and can’t share products from from one vendor.

Hope we have clearly answered all your questions but if you will have any additional notes or requests regarding our theme feel free to contact us 🙂

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

Oscar
    Participant

Thanx

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Multi Vendor, Checkout page displays relative vendor's bank detail’ is closed to new replies.