Home Forums WoodMart support forum Multilingual website missing desktop header for one language occassionally

Multilingual website missing desktop header for one language occassionally

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi there 🙂
    I have a weird issue since the last bunch of larger updates:
    My website runs two languages with Polylang Pro (English and German), uses Elementor Pro and WordPress 5.8 with Breeze as caching plugin. Sometimes on a daily basis even without editing anything on the website the German language desktop header gets lost and is just blank. The mobile versions work in both languages and the desktop header is always there in English but just the German desktop header missing.
    After purging cache the header in German is visible again but not for long. As German is my main language and market I lose traffic and sales. Do you have an idea what might cause that issue?
    Thank you very much!

Best
    Daniel

Hello,

WoodMaert theme is fully compatible with the WPML plugin that has the option to translate Header builder and other exclusive options of our theme and which the Plylag plugin cannot. Thus most likely the problem is not in the update, but in the plugins that cannot cover translation all the features of the theme. Please consider switching to WPML.

Best Regards

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,
    thanks for your response! I am hesitating switching from Polylang to WPML as it works pretty well and is very lightweight which I consider very important. Besides I’ve never had an issue using Polylang. Maybe I need to try to build a language specific header with Elementor hoping that this will look the same.
    Best
    Daniel

Hello,

If you have Elementor Pro it has the option to create different headers for different pages you can try this workaround.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,
    sorry for getting back to this issue, but I’ve tried to create a header with Elementor but that’s not offering the same feeling I like of your theme (Chapeau, it’s really awesome!). That’s why I’ve dropped my already paid premium Polylang plugin and purchased the WPML to comply with your theme, which gives me a hard time finding all my strings to translate (pain!).
    However after switching the translation plugin the problem with the occasionally missing desktop header in one of the two languages remain. And I do not have any idea why. As in the screenshot you can see that the header itself is actually there but the content is not showing up. Any idea what could cause that behaviour?

I’m running Woodmart with Elementor Pro, WPML and Breeze for caching.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please check this manual on how to translate the Header with WPML: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/translate-header-wpml/

You will need to create the heade for each language and then assign to the translation.

Please check the row setting in the Header which color scheme for text is set: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/header-builder/header-rows-columns-configuration/

Check the Colors tab of each row, most likely you have set white color for text.

If you cannot solve the issue, please send me site admin access to the private area.

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I’ve checked all your recommended steps and still the header for desktop in German language gets lost while everything else works fine. After purging the cache it appears but still I’m confused that it’s getting lost anyway. The behavior was identical with Polylang and WPML which is now installed.
    If you say I have to create the header for each language do I have to create to same looking headers and refer to the other or is it enough to just translate my one header?
    Anyways I have created admin access to my website and I would be very happy if you could have a look.

Thank you very much!

Hello,

Please create the header for the translation here: https://gyazo.com/058b0afdc93e7cd44b7ae414c013e4aa

Then add the header in the string translation, now it does not have any translation: https://gyazo.com/90dee4bb74d51c8d8fc058b49e6d78ca

Please follow this manual: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/translate-header-wpml/

Best Regards

chaosheld
    Participant

Thanks for checking Elise.

Ok, I understood that I have to create a new header for the other language and connect it via the string translation. Your second screenshot refers to the unused default header but I’ve translated it anyway.

Let’s see if it’s working out now 🙂

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I have updates! Now the headers seem to be connected more closely and vanish together (not just one language but all languages). Coincidently I have updated both my landing pages to fix a cumulative layout shift thing and maybe it was triggered that way. I will set Breeze to update cache every time I save anything and hope that will work out somehow 🙂

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,
    The issue is still there and it’s really annoying to checke the headers for my pages on desktop all the time. How is it possible that it affects the desktop version and some and not all pages only?
    Is there a way to force the header to be loaded with a higher priority or something? I mean if the header is not present it really is missing in the source code. I could imagine that there might be fragments of an older Elementor template blocking the condition but I have deleted every thing not needed.
    For sure the translation should be no problem as it was happening with Polylang and is still happening with WPML.
    Thank you for your time! That issue really bothers me.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme, switch the parent theme, and check the issue, If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

if the problem remains, even after the plugins are deactivated, please, provide your site admin access to the private area.

Make the full backup of your site and confirm the permit for us to deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and switch to the parent theme for the while of checking what may take up to 15 minutes.

Best Regards

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,
    I’ve found a topic in this forum regarding the header builder and Breeze and I used the chance to compare the working desktop header in English versus the missing German one and found one JS missing (device.js) and I guess that might be the issue as the mobile header always worked out but not the desktop version.
    I’ve excluded that JS from Breeze and let’s see if it fixes the issue. Your approach to check the translation of the header is smart too. I saw you added a text element. The translation within the header works pretty fine and the second one could be deleted as WPML one needs one element.
    Before we are taking more steps let see if the issue persists after excluding the device.js.
    Best
    Daniel

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

that didn’t work out. Right now the English desktop header on the landing page https://italiano-bello.com/en/ is missing. I did a full backup of the site and I’m trying to figure out which plugin might cause that trouble.

Hello,

Please confirm the permit for us to deactivate the plugins not related to the theme and switch to the parent theme for the while of checking what may take up to 15 minutes.

Best Regards

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I have a full backup in place again and permit you to deactivate plugins to find the conflict.

Yesterday I’ve checked again the difference between pages with and without the desktop header and found the loginDropdown.min.js was missing in case of missing header and activated the advanced script control to always load that script. But without success. I hope you can find what’s wrong because that is really driving me nuts! 🙂

Thank you very much!

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I’m still digging to find the error that seems very random and I compare the exact sites with and without the header on desktop for each language and I noticed that the content of the desktop header is missing because the css classes are set to be like for mobile.
    Do you happen to know what could cause that behavior?

I would just say that caching is not working out to distinct between mobile and desktop and maybe caches the websites randomly with mobile and desktop header. I could test to create a separate cache for mobile. Let’s see.

Best
    Daniel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

as for now a separate cache for mobile and desktop seems to work. The cache is fully in place and I haven’t seen any header missing.

In case this solves the issue and someone else has a hard time:
    Running WP Optimize and activated separated cache for mobile in settings. Issue seemingly not related with Woocommerce, Elementor Pro or Polylang/WPML.

Best
    Daniel

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

any updates from your side? As I wrote earlier the separate cache with WP Optimize for mobile seems to do the job. And now I am kind of missing my optimization and tracking plugin 🙂

Best
    Daniel

Hello,

You have changed the password. I cannot log in.

Please deactivate this option https://take.ms/gYrdj in the Theme Settings > Performance.

Best Regards

chaosheld
    Participant

Hi Elise,

I had to roll back the application to get everything up and running again for today’s releases and newsletter. Thank you for the suggestion to deactivate the mobile DOM optimization. However setting up different cache for mobile and desktop seems to solve the issue anyway.

Thank you very much for your help. I guess we can close that topic as solved as I haven’t seen that issue for more than a day.

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)