Home Forums WoodMart support forum Multiple questions – mostly about product category pages and navigation

Multiple questions – mostly about product category pages and navigation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

S.G.
    Participant

Hi,

First, thanks for your support so far.
    I’ve got a few more questions I hope you can help me answer.

Category pages:

1. Where can I change shop page title style and image? I expected to be able to edit it in Theme Settings > Shop > Sidebar & Page Title, but the Page-title section of that page is empty.

Product tiles:

1. I’ve set images to crop to a 1:1 ratio as per your documentation but it only seems to apply to shop pages, not to product carousels (See screenshots 1 and 2). How can I fix that?
    2. Sold out – How can I define behaviour (e.g. change CTA) and how can I change the badge display?
    3. How can I add custom labels?
    4. Is there a way of showing an ‘added-to-basket’ indication on product tiles that have been added to basket?

Variable products:

1. My product tile is showing size attribute options. when I select one, it shows a loader over the product image (doesn’t do anything and never clears), and the price isn’t updated (See screenshot 3) What’s gone wrong?
    2. How can I set up a default attribute to a product tile (in the same way as in product pages) so that customers don’t have to go through an additional step of selecting one before they add to basket? And how can I make sure that it then shows the ‘add to basket’ button not the ‘select options’ one?
    3. Is it possible to add a ‘from’ to the price of variable products (I’ve set it to hide the max price)?

Filters:

1. How can I add categories as filters (rather than links)? And can I select which categories appear in the categories filter list?
    2. Different filters behave differently. If I select a brand, I can see my selection in the filters bar, but if I filter by rating, there is no indication of which rating has been selected and I’m unable to clear it from the sidebar. How can I get the rating filter to behave like the woodmart attribute filter?
    3. Stock status filter options are shown even if there are no applicable items on the list, which means that customers will be able to filter down to zero products (undesirable). Is there a way of changing this behaviour?

Navigation:

1. Is there a way of controlling the behaviour of the ‘account’ menu (logged in state)? Currently, because I’ve got mega menus opening on click, if I hover over account it opens up behind the menus (see screenshot 4). I’d like it to open on click and close any other open menu.
    2. Is there shortcode for breadcrumbs?
    3. A bug: We have mega-menus implemented on the site. If a user dismissed the cookie notice when a menu is open (very likely on mobile because the cookie notice hides part of the menu), it dismissed the cookie notice AND the mega-menu.

Lastly, can you recommend a free shipping calculator?

Thank you,
    S.G

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

1) Please edit the shop page and set the page title image for the page.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/F04bZNT

2) Please make sure that you have not applied any image sizes to the carousels then clear the cache and check back.

3) Sorry, but there is no option in theme settings to change the behavior of the sold-out. It is WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence.

And tell me how do you want to change the label display to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

4) You can try setting attributes and then set them to display attribute labels on products from Products >> Attributes.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/GCzHQFv

5) Sorry but there is no option in Theme Settings for that.

6) Please provide the URL of the website to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

7) Please provide a relevant screenshot of what you want to achieve.

8) Please provide a relevant screenshot of what you want to achieve.

9) Please provide a relevant screenshot of what you want to achieve.

10) Which widget have you used to set the filter by rating to the sidebar?? Please provide a screenshot.

11) Sorry but this is the default behavior and there is no option in Theme Settings to change.

12 & 13) Please provide the URL of the website to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

Sorry but currently we are unable to suggest you with any plugin you can use any third-party plugin that meets your requirements.

Please create separate topics for each of your issues then it will be easy for us to understand what you require and make sure all the questions are answered properly.

Best Regards.

S.G.
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies.

1. I can see how to change the background on the shop page, but the options are only limited to a few presets. How can I make changes like more specific changes to size (for example, if I remove the background, there’s not enough separation from the header element so I’d want to increase the height slightly, but on the shop page I can only toggle between 2 extreme size options), and I can’t see an option to remove the back button from the title element. Where can I make such changes?

2. I don’t have an option to clear the sizes completely, I can only choose between predefined options (see screenshot 1). I’ve tried changing those and I’ve tried selecting ‘custom’ but leaving the sizes empty, but it’s not solved the problem (cache cleared). Can you please suggest a fix?

3. Regarding the style, what I’m after is something like screenshot 2 – a semi-transparent colour block over the images + a ‘sold out’ banner over that.

4. This only works with very short labels (see screenshot 3). Is there a way of changing the style and position of a given attribute?

5. Ok, thanks

6. The problem of the infinite loader has gone away, but it’s been replaced by a different one – selecting an attribute doesn’t update the product price. I’ve added the URL in the private content section.You can see an example in the second product in the product carousel on the homepage (‘Aller-Essentials’).

7. Screenshot 4 shows you what you see now on the left. If I select an attribute, it results in the issue I’ve raised in #6. On the right is what I’d like it to be – attribute preselected by default, and the CTA is add to basket, which would add the presented product variation to the basket.

8. This is only an issue if it’s not possible to have a default attribute as I’ve described in #7. In that case, instead of showing the min-price as you can see on the left hand side in screenshot 4, I’d like it to say ‘from [min-price]’. (Note: I don’t want to show a price range).

9. Filter by Categories is your standard e-commerce filter that you can find on almost any e-commerce site out there. I’m not trying to achieve anything special. (Screenshot 5 is a random example from JD Sports). From what I can see in the widgets section, the only option on the theme is a list displaying a list of links to categories – they’re not filters.

10. I’ve used the ‘filter products by rating’ widget (See screenshot 6). Is there another option?

12&13. I’m assuming you’re referring to the account menu issue (#12) and the cookie notice bug (#14)? I’ve added the URL in the private content section.

13. Just in case you’ve missed this one: Is there shortcode for breadcrumbs?

Thanks. I’ll raise issues separately in the future as requested.

Kind regards,
    Shira

Attachments:

S.G.
    Participant

Screenshots 5 & 6

Attachments:

Hello,

I saw the screenshots you attached.

1) Sorry, there are no options for the sizes of the page backgrounds. Please elaborate on what you want to change to check it myself and help you out accordingly.

2) Please try recreating the block and set it to WooCommerce thumbnails and then clear the cache and check back.

3) The design of the sold-out product label is predefined. You can set the background color by adding the following Custom CSS in the Global Custom CSS area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS.

.labels-rounded .out-of-stock {
    background: red;
    }

4) Sorry but you cannot set the style of the label attribute item wise there is no such option.

5) Please check how it works with the default WordPress theme just to check whether the issue is with our theme or not.

6) Your explanation is not clear enough to explain what you actually need. Please elaborate with the help of some relevant screenshot with the URL of the product.

7) If you don’t want to use the price range then you can remove it from Appearance >> Widgets >> Shop page widget area.

8) This is the standard WooCommerce widget and our theme has no influence over it.

9) Please check how it works with the default WordPress theme just to check whether the issue is with our theme or not.

10) Sorry but there is no shortcode for breadcrumbs.

Best Regards.

S.G.
    Participant

Hi,
    Let me try to clarify the remaining issues:

6. I’ve said that selecting an attribute on the product tile doesn’t update the product price.
    You replied: ‘Please check how it works with the default WordPress theme just to check whether the issue is with our theme or not.’
    Checking the original theme would require me to set it all up from scratch. Surely you know whether changing an attribute on a product tile should change the price? I can see in your theme demos that it changes the picture but I can’t tell whether the price doesn’t change or whether it changes but all variants are set to have the same price.
    If it should change the price, could you please help me understand why the price on our site isn’t changing?
    I’ve added the URL in the private content section in my previous reply. You can see an example in the second product in the product carousel on the homepage (product name: ‘Aller-Essentials’).

7. How can I set up a default attribute to a product tile so that the variant is pre-selected and showing its price (in the same way as in product pages) so that customers don’t have to go through an additional step of selecting one before they add to basket? And how can I make sure that it then shows the ‘add to basket’ button not the ‘select options’ one? You can see how it works now vs. how I’d like it work in ‘screenshot-4_attributed-pre-selected.jpg’ in my last reply.

10. My original question was: ‘Different filters behave differently. If I select a brand, I can see my selection in the filters bar, but if I filter by rating, there is no indication of which rating has been selected and I’m unable to clear it from the sidebar. How can I get the rating filter to behave like the woodmart attribute filter?’.
    You’ve asked me what widget I was using and for a screenshot. I replied that I’ve used the ‘filter products by rating’ widget, and attached ‘screenshot-6_filter-by-rating-widget.jpg’ to my last reply.

14. A bug: We have mega-menus implemented on the site. If a user dismissed the cookie notice when a menu is open (very likely on mobile because the cookie notice hides part of the menu), it dismissed the cookie notice AND the mega-menu. I’ve followed your videos on how to set up mega menus so I’m assuming this is a bug in the theme. In case it helps investigate, I’ve turned the cookie notice on in settings AFTER setting up the mega menus.

Thank you,
    S.G

Hello,

1) I have visited the product you mentioned and the price is changing when you select a variation. Please clear the cache and check back.

Screenshot for Clarification: https://ibb.co/3FmP15Q

2) Sorry but there is no option in Theme Settings for that because the products are WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence.

3) The widget you are using is from default WooCommerce and our theme doesn’t influence and there is no option to make it behave the same as the brand attribute filter of WoodMart.

4) This is the default behavior of the mega menu when you click outside the menu it is closed so the cookies notice is outside the menu so when you click it the menu is also closed.

Regard’s.
    Xtemos Studio.

S.G.
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.
    1. I was talking about the product tile in a grid, not the product page. I expected to see the behaviour that you saw on the product page also when the product appears in a grid, but that’s not the case (see screenshot 1 attached). Can you please advise on how to fix it?

3. Regarding the rating filter – I was unable to find a woodmart rating filter. Does it exist? If not, are you planning to add one in future updates?

4. I understand the technical reason behind it, however it creates a behaviour that users don’t expect. The cookie notice should be an acceptation, because dismissing it mustn’t disrupt whatever task the user was in the middle of. I hope you’d consider fixing it in future updates.

Thank you,
    S.G

Attachments:

Hello,

1) This is the default behaviour that the main price on the product grid is not changed when you choose the swatch.

2) Sorry but there is no rating filter widget from woodmart available currently.

3) I will mark this as a feature request and will forward it to the development department and I do not promise that it will be added in the theme.

Best Regards.

S.G.
    Participant

Thank you.

Hello,

We are thrilled that you loved your experience with XTEMOS, We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your words reaffirm the hard work we put in every day.

So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Have a wonderful day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Multiple questions – mostly about product category pages and navigation’ is closed to new replies.