Home Forums Basel support forum Navigation Menu: Drop down menu fonts

Navigation Menu: Drop down menu fonts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Vansaren
    Participant

Hello,

from the panel Theme Settings/Typography I can’t find out where to change the font of the drop down menu.
    Essentially it’s the same problem of this user:

https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/wine-shop-send-product-6-bottles/page/3/
    https://xtemos.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/txtfont.png

However editing the CSS file, it didn’t works.

PS: Once the home is setup, deleting all the demo splash pages, will be fine, or something will not works?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We can provide you with a custom CSS snippet to change that font. Could you please provide us your website link or at least a screenshot of your menu dropdowns and describe what do you want to change there?

Yes, you can remove any unnecessary demo pages without any worries.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

Hi Artem,

I gave to you the screenshot:

https://xtemos.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/txtfont.png

my problem it’s the same problem reported by that user in April. From Typography you can change the menu navigation font, but this does not affect the drop down menu font, because even if that is part of the navigation, the theme is currently set up to take that in consideration as content text, so that part it’s affected by the text content font.

I can’t change the “content text font” with a “menu font” in order to change the “drop down menu font”, makes no sense.

As you can see in the screenshot, that user have two different fonts, one for the main-nav menu and one for the dropdown nav menu and he was asking to have the same font for both.

ty

Vansaren
    Participant

PS: In order to create a menu, I’ve created the page for every section.
    When I have a dropdown menu, how can I enable the click and opening only of the drop down menu pages?

For example:

Shop
    —Accessories 1
    —Accessories 2
    —Etc

Shop should not be clickable just activate the drop down menu on mouse over. Another example:

Partners
    —Join

Only “join” it’s a real page, “partners” it’s an empty page created in order to create the title “partners” and should not be clickable, otherwise the user see an empty page.

ty

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can change your menu font with the following CSS code

.basel-navigation .menu>li.menu-item.menu-item-design-default ul li a {
    	font-family: Karla,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; /*your font */
    	font-size:14px; /* size of sub menu */
    	color:black; /* color of sub menu */ 
    }

If you don’t want to make your menu item lead to some page on your website just fill its URL field with # for example or try to leave it empty. Use “Custom link” item type for this.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

Hello,
    it doesn’t works, the nav drop down menu is still affected by the text font “Muli”.

Btw the div sub-menu-dropdown color-scheme-dark which is the div in question, it’s not inside the CSS that wp allow to edit, if not for the color-scheme-light.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is strange since this code should change the menu font. Will you be able to contact us when your website will be uploaded to some hosting server so we can check it live?

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

You will find all in the private area ty

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Here is a code that you can add to the Custom CSS section in Theme Settings to change it

div.main-nav .menu li  a {
        font-family: "Old Standard TT"!important;
    }

2. Here is a code for this also

.basel-header-overlap .main-header:not(.header-split) .main-nav .menu>li:not(.callto-btn).item-event-click.item-menu-opened>.sub-menu-dropdown, .basel-header-overlap .main-header:not(.header-split) .main-nav .menu>li:not(.callto-btn).item-event-hover:hover>.sub-menu-dropdown {
        top: 50%;
    }

3. Just set a negative margin bottom for the last row on your home page. -40px for example

4. Our theme doesn’t resize your product images and you can check that with default WordPress theme they will look in the same way. The best solution here would be to upload all images in the same proportion through the website.

5. These pages simply show example elements for Visual Composer from our demo. If you don’t need them, just remove them from your dashboard.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)