Home Forums Basel support forum Need product zoom feature in product images

Need product zoom feature in product images

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

amit
    Participant

Hi Team, I understand this feature is not part of the theme. Any possible suggestions (plugins) to make this work? I tried few, but they either distort the page layout or don’t work. Closest was : Woocommerce Image Zoom – but only issue was that it did not work on gallery images and worked only for the featured image. Any suggestions/fixes? Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

WooCommerce is currently developing a built-in product zoom function that will be added in 2.7 version according to their blog https://woocommerce.wordpress.com/

That’s why we don’t want to implement our theme custom zoom to allow customers use core WooCommerce functions.

At the moment you can also use this plugin for zoom https://wordpress.org/plugins/yith-woocommerce-zoom-magnifier/

Regards

amit
    Participant

Thanks. I tried the YITH plugin, but it distorts the layout. I am using the thumbnails on the left setting (compact i guess) – and the plugin forces the gallery thumbnails to come in bottom (increased in size). I saw some of your old comments and tried this css fix:

.yith_magnifier_mousetrap {
    z-index: 10;
    }
    .yith_magnifier_zoom_magnifier {
    z-index: 9;
    }

But these also does not seems to help. Any advice?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, this plugin changes our theme layout and it is not possible to place thumbnails to the left side when using zoom plugin. Code you mentioned just fix a small bug with menu overlap a zoom image.

Les
    Participant

Hello Amit and Artem,

I’m having the same problem. Have either of you come up with a fix for this issue yet?

Thank you!

Les

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

This feature will be implemented in our theme core in the next update that will be released soon.

Regards

Les
    Participant

Ok. Great! Thank you very much. I will be anxiously awaiting the next update to Basel. I am very happy with the theme and customer service.

Thanks again!

Les

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)