Home Forums WoodMart support forum No Live search and dropdown category selector in AJAX Search for post

No Live search and dropdown category selector in AJAX Search for post

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

KH
    Participant

Hello,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

add_filter( 'woodmart_ajax_search_symbols_count', function (){
    	return 1;
    } );

Regards

KH
    Participant

No, it’s not working as you can see in this video http://somup.com/cYf1191keo.

In the video, you can see that when I type “ກ” yes the live search works. But when I type “ກະ” it reloads the page automatically. The live search is not working.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is how it works with a single result only. It redirects you directly to that post.

KH
    Participant

ok, understood.

– But How can I make only one column of what dis play in the live search as now there’re more than one column, for example, when you type a word in the search box, search word would show up in one column dropdown only.

– How can I show the dropdown category selector in the search like my screenshot explains?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. Sorry, but we don’t understand what do you mean. Please, send us some screenshots and words that we should use to test.

2. The category dropdown works for product categories only.

KH
    Participant

Please see the screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2gako2djiyyov3/4.png?dl=0
    One column and one row per post title to display. I mean display in list.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to use the following CSS code to change these to one column

.search-results-wrapper .autocomplete-suggestion {
        flex: 1 1 100%;
    }

KH
    Participant

Ok now. Just one last thing. How can I remove “View all results”? I want only scrollbar to work for this. When I click on “View all results” it redirects to the post page, it doesn’t load more. So, I don’t want to show the post page of this. That’s why want to remove “View all results”.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try this code also

.search-results-wrapper .view-all-results {
    display: none;
    }

KH
    Participant

Great! Thanks.

– Could you please add something like “not found” when there’s no such thing users are looking for?

– Will you consider adding the category dropdown feature for post category as well in the next update?

KH
    Participant

– Could you please add something like “not found” when there’s no such thing users are looking for?

This is ok. I’ve found it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad that you found it. And thank you for your suggestion. We will consider this as a feature request.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)