Home Forums WoodMart support forum Old theme shortcodes remaining when switching to Woodmart

Old theme shortcodes remaining when switching to Woodmart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MathieuK
    Participant

Hi !

I recently decided to change my theme to Woodmart, but I was using Hook by Pirenko before. They both work with VisualComposer and have both specific VisualComposer Elements. I deleted every page, widget, or any other thing containing old specific VisualComposer elements from my old theme but I still have naked shortcodes on every page and even products in the middle of the home page and menu.

I recognise these shortcodes, they were on my home page only and I deleted them. They are in the source code of my pages an appear as soon as I activate Woodmart Core. How do I solve this please ?

Thank you.

( I attached some pictures : one wihout woodmart core activated, two after I activated it, to let you see more)

I can provide URL but the site is on maintenance mode and I can’t turn it off, this would freak out customers…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

Yes, all these shortcodes are not related to our theme and seem that was added by you using your previous plugins or theme. It is natural that WordPress doesn’t recognize them and you just need to remove them all from all pages, products, widgets etc. Seems that you didn’t clear everything and some content still exists.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

MathieuK
    Participant

It surely comes from the other theme but I cleared everything I can (all pages, all widgets, the whole theme folder via ftp) and they still appear.

My problem is about deleting them. I know your theme is working quite properly, I tried to use it in local but I can’t use it on my already existing website and I need your help..

Thank you

Bogdan Donovan
    Keymaster

It is not enough to remove all previous theme files only. You need to go through the all pages, products, posts and remove all the outdated shortcodes from their content. You can do this editing them in the Dashboard -> Pages.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

MathieuK
    Participant

I deleted all page contents first, saved them like that and then deleted it. The problem is obviously deeper.

Plus, the naked shortcodes appears everywhere in the websites, even on product pages, categories, account page,…

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Could you please send us your admin access so we can check what is wrong there?

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)