Home Forums Basel support forum Old woocommerce template files

Old woocommerce template files

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

parnyberg
    Participant

I have a warning that my theme (Basel Child) has old copies of some woocommerce template files (i hope this is correct translated, i get the warning in swedish).

This is the files:
    basel/woocommerce/content-product.php
    basel/woocommerce/content-product_cat.php

This is my warnings:

basel/woocommerce/content-product.php version 2.5.0 är föråldrad. Aktuell version är 2.6.1,
    basel/woocommerce/content-product_cat.php version 2.5.2 är föråldrad. Aktuell version är 2.6.1,

Do you have updated files or what should i do to fix this?

/pelle

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for using our theme.

All you need to do in this situation is update the theme to the latest version (1.7). You can download it from themeforest in your account -> Downloads. Just replace theme folder with a new one via FTP.

parnyberg
    Participant

Nice, Thank you!

Linas
    Participant

I wouldn’t recommend doing this unless you were editing a child theme though, because it might overwrite all the content and settings you currently have.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Of course all changes in files should be done through the Child theme. In this case you can update PARENT theme without loosing any changes. As we see on your error reports you already use child theme.

denarius
    Participant

Hello, I have a similar issue after installing Basel on a newly installed and updated WooCommerce site. Shall I wait for a Basel update that will address the two “outdated” WC template files listed in the notification?

Here’s relevant info:

WC Version: 2.6.3
    WP Version: 4.5.3
    Theme
    Name: Basel
    Version: 1.8

Overrides (WooCommerce):
    basel/woocommerce/single-product/product-image.php version 2.0.14 is out of date. The core version is 2.6.3,
    basel/woocommerce/single-product/product-thumbnails.php version 2.3.0 is out of date. The core version is 2.6.3,

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have tested our theme with WooCommerce 2.6.3 and there no any issues found. The only one thing you will see a notice about outdated theme files in your dashboard. Just ignore it and continue work, they will be updated in the next release 🙂

Regards

denarius
    Participant

OK, no problem then. Thanks for the quick response.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)