Home Forums Basel support forum One Page Anchor Link – lower drop location

One Page Anchor Link – lower drop location

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

archetypemkt
    Participant

I’ve imported the Landing page demo to play around (as well as looking at your demo) and I’d like to adjust the anchor link location slightly. I wanted to see if there is anyway to do this code wise before I start adding rows and moving anchor IDs.

I’ve attached an image. The “home-section” is perfect though but the other links show the bottom of the prior section.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad to know that you considered using Basel for your web-site. I hope you will be happy with it.

Could you please provide us a link where we can see this extra space on your website?

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

archetypemkt
    Participant

It’s a test site with your demo imported.

http://babeldemo.archetypecms.com/

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can remove or decrease this scroll offset in the file js/functions.js. Here is an instruction:

1. Disable JS minification in Theme Settings -> Performance.

2. Change this line

scrollTop: position - 150

to this for example

scrollTop: position - 70

in the file js/functions.js

3. Clear the browser cache and check the result.

Regards

archetypemkt
    Participant

This worked perfect. I’ve added the updated the js/functions.js file and added the folder/file to my childtheme.

Out of curiosity does this file get updated at all? With main theme updates will I have to worry about updating this file in my child theme at all?

Thanks again for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do changes in the child theme and you will have to apply this fix after theme update. But it is not necessary to update the theme on each release. You can do the update only if you need features or fixes listed in the changelog.

Kind Regards

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)