Home Forums WoodMart support forum Option to display variations in Related products and Upsell as well

Option to display variations in Related products and Upsell as well

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

Love the functionality to make variable products display all variations seperatly in the archives. But for the Related products and Upsell products it keeps showing the variable product. We would like to display all variations in there as well, is that possible? How can we get this done? Please guide us in the right direction, we are familiar with editing the template files.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I would like to request temporary admin access to the website to take a better look at the issue there.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Down below you’ll find the login information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, and switching to the parent/default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Yes that’s fine. Please let me know when you are done testing and switched everything back.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Firstly, please use the bulk edit function via Dashboard -> Products. Then recheck the issue and let me know.

More detail here about the build function: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/show-single-variation/

https://prnt.sc/6FNQbxBcvrEV

Kind Regards

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Luke,

First of all, you have access to the website. Why not test it yourself?

Secondly it has nothing to do with the bulk edit and resave of variable products. Because the variations do show in the shop page, so the functionality is working. My question is why the variations aren’t showing in the ‘Upsell’ and ‘Related products’ section. Variable products show there as a variable product and not the single variations of that variable products. Which is the thing we want to achieve.

Please check again and let me know if it’s possible or not to show the variations from a variable product as seperate products in the ‘Upsell’ and ‘Related products’ section of the product page (like they are shown in the archive/shop).

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In the product settings for product upsells, you have specific product IDs selected, and the Show single variation option does not affect this. Therefore, in the settings, you need to select child products (not parent products).

https://monosnap.com/file/fgKM5dAGYTqN9TuI7YyuE8QiSYLPfy

Thanks for your patience. Hopefully, you are doing well.

Kind Regards

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Alright then my question related to the ‘Upsell’ section is answered. Thank you! But what about the ‘Related products’ section. We don’t have any settings for that one. How can we get variations to show there instead of the variable products?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

That issue in the “Related products” section will be fixed in the next update.

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you need any further help or any other info.

Kind Regards

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Can you explain what will be fixed/added in the new update? And when do you expect this update to roll out?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The new update will be in the coming days.

Some info about added/fixed you can find here: https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/%f0%9f%9a%80-explore-the-new-7-3-beta-release-join-the-exciting-beta-test-phase/

Kind Regards

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Luke,

In the content of your link i can’t find anything added or fixed to the related issue i’ve opened this topic for? Can you please tell me what fix will be added to the new release that will fix the problem we’ve discussed in this thread?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

At the moment the new update of the theme is available, so please update it, and the theme’s “Core” plugin as well and recheck the issue.

Kind Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)