Home Forums WoodMart support forum Pagespeed insights – Accessibility

Pagespeed insights – Accessibility

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

x7corp
    Participant

Hi,

Please look at the screenshots and provide me with a fix for the 2 issues I have with accessibility.

1. discernible name for product categories element
    2. is image hotspot with Video missing html

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Navigate to Dashboard -> Media and define the “alt” text for each image – https://prnt.sc/dezWmfxtZQRj

2. Send me access to the admin panel so I can look closer at this element that shows the video.

Kind Regards

x7corp
    Participant

hi,

1. its not the ALT text the images already have this?

2. temp login attached to staging copy.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

In general, in the next update, those issues will be fixed. If you want to fix it now, then in this header-elements/wishlist.php file you need to change the below code:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( woodmart_get_wishlist_page_url() ); ?>"> to this one <a href="<?php echo esc_url( woodmart_get_wishlist_page_url() ); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr__( 'Wishlist products', 'woodmart' ); ?>">

Also, in the file woocommerce/content-product-cat-zoom-out.php find this code <a class="wd-fill" href="<?php echo esc_url( get_term_link( $args['category']->slug, 'product_cat' ) ); ?>"></a> and change it to this one <a class="wd-fill" href="<?php echo esc_url( get_term_link( $args['category']->slug, 'product_cat' ) ); ?>" aria-label="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Product category %s', 'woodmart' ), $args['category']->slug ) ); ?>"></a>

2. As for the video, this issue is not important as this is more of a recommendation and to fix this recommendation you should have subtitles for this video.

Kind Regards

x7corp
    Participant

are you not able to create a patcher for this?

x7corp
    Participant

I also get the following for accessibility: Touch targets do not have sufficient size or spacing. this is to do with the product categories that are shown on each product in a product archive.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. The developers said that the patch for that issue will not be released as this issue is not critical and will be fixed in the next update.

2. That issue is related to the font size if you want to make it large, use the code below:

.product-grid-item .wd-product-cats a {
        font-size: 15px;
    }

Kind Regards

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Luke Nielsen.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)