Home Forums Basel support forum Parse Error!!!

Parse Error!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

pharmedoc
    Participant

Hey guys,

My site is totally down. I’m getting the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘*’ in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/03/3593403/html/wp-content/themes/basel/functions.php on line 157

There isn’t an asterisk on line 157. I don’t know what to do. Please help!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We just visited your web-site and it works correct for us. Have you solved the problem?

pharmedoc
    Participant

no it doesn’t work for me on multiple computers.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But it working for us. Did it work for you before? Did you make some changes? Have you updated to the latest version?

pharmedoc
    Participant

I updated functions.php through the ftp. It worked after I made the transfer, but all of a sudden it stopped working. it works on my phone, just not on our computers. do you have the older version of functions.php?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Just take this file from theme zip file downloaded from themeforest. But the best way is to replace all theme files.

pharmedoc
    Participant

Maybe the file is cached on your browser. Can you please check again after you clear your cache?

pharmedoc
    Participant

Will replacing all the theme files delete my content that I customized?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

After replacing all theme files you will just loose all changes made in the basel parent theme files. You will not lose any content from admin panel.

pharmedoc
    Participant

I made all changes in the basel parent theme. I can’t afford to lose those changes.

I am still getting the error on multiple computers, even after clearing cache and flushing dns: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘>’ in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas10_data02/03/3593403/html/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 146

Can you please look into it? The dashboard is working at pharmedoc.com/wp-admin

I’m desperate for assistance with this matter.

pharmedoc
    Participant

Called hosting. They fixed it. Thank you anyways!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad that you have fixed this issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)