Home Forums WoodMart support forum PayPal Single Product Buttons do not work in Woodmart theme

PayPal Single Product Buttons do not work in Woodmart theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

hamster2116
    Participant

Hi, the PayPal single product buttons from the official WC PayPal Payments extension (https://woocommerce.com/de-de/products/woocommerce-paypal-payments/) do not show on the single product page.
    It works with Storefront theme but not Woodmart. Both custom and default layout do not work. Can you help? Thanks.
    Attached: screenshots

If this is a known issue do let me know how to fix, or I can provide access to staging site for further investigation.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send us a link to your website where we can see this issue?

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Hello Artem,
    I have added info and acces below

The paypal button for single product is enabled but only shows up when you switch to storefront theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It looks like the plugin adds its custom button on the single product page using the standard WooCommerce hook. When you create a custom layout with Elementor it doesn’t contain any default elements and hooks. It contains only those elements that you added with Elementor manually.

We have a special “Hook” element in Elementor that you can place to your custom layout and then the plugin will be able to add its custom content there. But we don’t know which one exactly it needs. You can either try to select all hooks one by one or contact plugin developers for help.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

hamster2116
    Participant

Hi, I have also tried disabling my custom layout and I found out it doesn’t work with the default woodmart layout either. Can you check this please.

I can reach out to woocommerce anyways. So you recommend to contact the PayPal plugin developer (woocommerce) regarding what hook to pick?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable the layout temporarily so we can see how it works.

hamster2116
    Participant

see below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable all external plugins and send us your FTP access so we can check what is wrong.

hamster2116
    Participant

Hi, I have disabled all plugins except Woodmart, Elementor, Woocommerce, WPML.

More info below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It doesn’t work because of products in the header dropdowns and in the Products navigation. When we disable those two options the button appears correctly.
    It seems like the plugin takes the price of the first product that appeared in the document and that is why it doesn’t work as expected.

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

I still don’t see the paypal buttons on the staging site and I looked at some product pages in private mode- can you check please?

EDIT: my bad I was looking at variable products , where the button only appears after choosing an option.

OK, so this means the megamenu content was conflicting with the button, is that correct?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by hamster2116.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The problem is not about the megamenu content but about the extra products displayed on the single product page. In your case, they are displayed in the megamenu dropdowns and in the product next/previous navigation.

Kind Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Ok I will get that sorted out. Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Regarding custom single product layout (elementor), you said it will not show up and you don’t know what hook it is, correct?

hamster2116
    Participant

Just a quick note I managed to have the Paypal button show up with the hook woocommerce_single_product_summary in custom layout,
    BUT it has some unexpected behaviour with the new linked variations feature on the product page, see attached image. Linked variations duplicate. Can you help?
    More info below

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, it looks like a bug in our theme. We will fix it in our next theme update that will be released soon.

Kind Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)